AND THE PRIZES GO TO.......

Moderator: Liz

Lou Lou 63

Re: AND THE PRIZES GO TO.......

Unread postby Lou Lou 63 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:00 am

I preferred the movie ending to Secret Window than the book ending, I think Amy and Ted got what they deserved, although that might be my Johnny as Mort bias showing :mwahaha:

"There are no strings on ME!!" Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't": Johnny on music.
Thanks to HG for my AVI'S

Conni

Unread postby Conni » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:53 am

Congratulations stroch, SnoopyDances and nebraska! Well done! :applause2:
“Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't.” - JD
"Every guitar has it's own perfect sound when played by the right person." - me

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 am

Liz wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:Congratulations ladies, well done. So what are the prizes?

If everyone has received their prizes then we can tell. Those who have not acknowledged receipt, please let me know.

For third place I received a generous gift certificate to Amazon.com, for which I want to publicly thank Liz and firefly! :thankyou: I have been looking at the DVD set of the third season of the Middle television series but I have been waiting to order it due to its high price. With the gift certificate applied, the DVD set was within my budget, so I was able to order it! It is a lovely prize that I will enjoy over and over! :kiss:

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:52 pm

I too received a gift card to Amazon. Not sure yet what I will use it for, but during the Thanksgiving break, I'll be browsing for something wonderful.

And I don't think I thanked Liz and Fireflydances for putting the contest together in the first place! :hypnotic:
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:06 pm

:yes: Same here...gift card to Amazon. :yahoo:

Thanks again, ladies! It was really fun.
Looking forward to the next book. :goodvibes:

Conni

Unread postby Conni » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:22 am

Those gift cards are the perfect prize for contestants in a book club contest. :ok:
“Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't.” - JD
"Every guitar has it's own perfect sound when played by the right person." - me

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Conni wrote:Those gift cards are the perfect prize for contestants in a book club contest. :ok:

And easy too. I don't think we could send gift cards via email 10 years ago when ONBC started. Doesn't that just give you the shivers?.....how quickly technology changes? There was no Kindle back then either.....or smart phones. WOW! :yikes:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:04 am

Liz wrote:
Conni wrote:Those gift cards are the perfect prize for contestants in a book club contest. :ok:

And easy too. I don't think we could send gift cards via email 10 years ago when ONBC started. Doesn't that just give you the shivers?.....how quickly technology changes? There was no Kindle back then either.....or smart phones. WOW! :yikes:

Only books... :biggrin:

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Liz wrote:

There were some very nice prizes before Amazon cards, too. :bigwink:

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Thanks Liz for posting the ending of the book. On a personal note, I get a laugh about Shooter's hat coming from Amish country, Pennsylvania, as I am from Lancaster County, PA. Kind of wish they had kept that in the movie, though I do enjoy the backwoods Missisippi portrayal. No doubt the book was able to delve a little deeper, if differently, into how Shooter came about.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 pm

fireflydances wrote:I think the fact that we deliberately select books that we know JD has also selected is one of the attractions. You begin reading JD's books and sooner or later you figure out they're all sort of connected in a weird way, a funny way. He's a funny guy, you know :)

You should join us sometime. It's always an interesting ride so to speak. :biggrin:

Indeed. My girlfriend goes through books at a faster rate than I. She read "The Psychopath Test" not long before an interview with Johnny where he mentioned it being something he was reading at the time, and just coincidentally happened to be reading "Dream of Life" at the same time ONBC was. I would have liked to be in on the "Life After Death" discussion, as I did read that one, but not until slightly afterwards. I just bought copies of Douglas Adams' two "Dirk Gently" books (as an enthusiast of his "Hitchhiker's Guide" series), so they're next on my list...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Return to “Birthdays and Celebrations”