ONBC's 7th Birthday Contest Coming.....

Moderator: Liz

Constance

Re: ONBC's 7th Birthday Contest Coming.....

Unread postby Constance » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

gemini wrote:Oh boy a contest. :bounce: I’m glad we don’t have to be creative. My brain is a bit overwhelmed form this ATLA discussion. :hypnotic:
I remember you too Constance. Welcome back.
:bigwave:

I remember you too, gimini :goodvibes: And thank you! I'm glad to be back :chocolat:
"BE the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Oh geez guys I just got carried away with myself last night, and now I've gone and necessitated all kinds of explanations. :-O In hind sight I must'nt allow myself to sail off on flights of fancy without at least advising SOMEONE I am playing. :dunce:

(Frankly my dears I blame it all on Igor who is off trying on Halloween costumes).
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:20 pm

part-time poet wrote:Seven years? :thud:

Amazing!

Cheers to :ONBC: ONBC for a job incredibly well done!

:applause2:

Part-Time Poet

Thanks, Part-Time Poet. :smiliewithhearts:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Constance wrote:
Liz wrote:Thanks, Nebraska :loveshower: Nebraska, the contest won't require the creativity expressed by Constance and firefly. :notworthy: But it's sure fun to read, isn't it? Wish I could write like that.

Constance wrote: :psst: Hello :shy:
So here I am, although I know nothing about what it takes to be a part of the contest,
let alone - do I even have what it takes :perplexed: but I'm just so intrigued by the whole idea. :writer:
So what say you, maties? Is this a closed set, or can anybody enter?
:writer2:

Of course you are welcome to participate, Constance. Glad to see you back here. :bigwave:

I'm thinking that you participated in The People's Act of Love discussion and I believe some others?

The contest is open to anyone. More details to come.....

Thanks, Liz :heart2:

Actually, TPAOL was the only discussion I ever participated in, but I'm very impressed that you remember that, since it was almost four years ago :applause2: :hatsoff:

I quite enjoyed participating in that discussion, and I would have liked to participate in some of the others too, but reading all the tidbits plus the books AND reading and posting on the discussions - well I found that to be very time consuming for me.

I have a lot less 'on my plate' now, though, than I did then, and when I saw this thread I just felt that it would be fun to participate in the contest at least and then, who knows - I might even join in a book discussion again sometime.
I don't feel quite as apprehensive about joining in a discussing as I did on TPAOL when I was new here - at least I don't think so :perplexed: but you ladies DO know your books, I must say, and I have always admired how much you all know. :dillingerhello:

I think you also participated in some Monday Night Threads. I miss those threads. But I don't have the time for that anymore. Real life, you know. :-/

I hope you decide to join us again on a discussion. :hope:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:26 pm

fireflydances wrote:(Frankly my dears I blame it all on Igor who is off trying on Halloween costumes).

:biglaugh:

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:57 pm

I found the zone and ONBC in '08 and after a month I found the courage to post. :fear: Now I will muster up more courage for the contest. Yea - I am feeling brave!!!! :freaked:

Constance

Unread postby Constance » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Liz wrote: I think you also participated in some Monday Night Threads. I miss those threads. But I don't have the time for that anymore. Real life, you know. :-/

I hope you decide to join us again on a discussion. :hope:

That's right, Liz. :chocolat:
I did participate in some Monday Night Threads :ok: I miss them too. But like you said - real life - and no matter how much fun all this can be and how much we love being here, real life IS more important :cool:

Although it CAN be difficult to stay away when you have JDOCD :grin:
And I learned a new word yesterday too - MTOCD :biggrin:
So I guess there must be something called ONBCOCD TOO :-)

And if a person has all three - well, then they're REALLY in trouble :harhar:

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Liz wrote:
[liz]I think you also participated in some Monday Night Threads. I miss those threads. But I don't have the time for that anymore. Real life, you know. :-/

I also miss the Monday Night threads terribly! But understand it was a large time-consuming task to moderate. Since retirement I am able to participate in the MT, but it doesn't have quite the same feel.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

For those of you who haven't participated in an ONBC contest before, there are past contests in the ONBC archives.

The contests are a lot of fun, and you don't have to have participated in all of the discussions to answer the questions.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Thank you Fansmom! It didn't even occur to me to look and see the past contents -- fun to see the possibilities!
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks, everyone for the birthday wishes! It is nice to see old and new friends weighing in! :heart2:

(Although Igor worries me a bit! :lol: )

It certainly isn't necessary for you to have read all the books. You will be able to participate with what is presented in the contest post.
:grin:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:25 am

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Thanks, everyone for the birthday wishes! It is nice to see old and new friends weighing in! :heart2:

It certainly isn't necessary for you to have read all the books. You will be able to participate with what is presented in the contest post.

I can remember many a birthday contest, sitting here with my stack of ONBC books, hunting frantically for correct answers and working against the clock! :ONBC: I am up for a little less intensity.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:39 pm

nebraska wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Thanks, everyone for the birthday wishes! It is nice to see old and new friends weighing in! :heart2:

I can remember many a birthday contest, sitting here with my stack of ONBC books, hunting frantically for correct answers and working against the clock! :ONBC: I am up for a little less intensity.

But we never said there'd be less intensity. :grin: :mwahaha:

Constance

Unread postby Constance » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:04 am

fansmom wrote:For those of you who haven't participated in an ONBC contest before, there are past contests in the ONBC archives.

The contests are a lot of fun, and you don't have to have participated in all of the discussions to answer the questions.

Thanks very much, fansmom :bouquet:
Now that I have a bit of an incling of what's to be expected of the contestants,
I am even more exited about the prospect of entering the contest :snoopydances:

Thank you very much to all of you for the warm welcome back! :pray:
Does a heart good, that! :worldhug:

Return to “Birthdays and Celebrations”