Unread postby Liz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:21 pm

WE HAVE WINNERS :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

for the 2007 ONBC Birthday Contest. :ONBC:

Drum roll please….

1st Place: Stroch

2nd Place: Gemini

3rd Place: Nebraska

Thanks to all who participated. :highfive:

Congratulations, Noodlemantras! :toastingpirates: We will email you with prize details.

Last edited by Liz on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Congratulations, Stroch, Gemini and Nebraska! :yahoo:

Actually, I'm in awe of everyone who participated in the contest...I was so embarrassed at how few I actually knew that I wouldn't turn in my entry. :blush:

I bow to all the ONBC'ers! :notworthy:

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:03 pm

OMG! (My first use of text-speak!!!)

I am so excited!!!!! Thanks for the contest -- it was quite a challenge. And thanks from the bottom of my heart for ONBC.

You have no idea how often I reference things I have learned from the forum, and how often I think about the posts I've read. Even though I don't always respond, I read everything everyone writes.

I'm proud to be part of ONBC, and SO thrilled the answers were right (Johnny, if you're reading this, give me a call. We can talk books.)
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:47 pm

That explains why I had trouble placing Maureen's character in the correct book!!!!!!

Thanks to DITHOT and Liz for a fabulous contest and congratulations to all the winners (and thanks for posting the correct answers!)

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:06 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! I know you'll enjoy your prizes. The decoupaged box I won the first year has been on my nightstand ever since. (My DH put a note in it reminding me who I'm married to. The note covers up one picture of Johnny, but I guess that's ok.)
nebraska wrote:That explains why I had trouble placing Maureen's character in the correct book!!!!!!

I know how you feel, nebraska. I kept thinking, "The only Maureen I remember was in ALWD, but that's not one of the books listed." Then I reread the question and realized she didn't have to be. Tricky, tricky.
nebraska wrote:Thanks to DITHOT and Liz for a fabulous contest and congratulations to all the winners (and thanks for posting the correct answers!)
Aren't our moderators amazing?! We are so fortunate to have them!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:35 pm

fansmom wrote:Congratulations to all the winners! I know you'll enjoy your prizes. The decoupaged box I won the first year has been on my nightstand ever since. (My DH put a note in it reminding me who I'm married to. The note covers up one picture of Johnny, but I guess that's ok.)
nebraska wrote:That explains why I had trouble placing Maureen's character in the correct book!!!!!!

I know how you feel, nebraska. I kept thinking, "The only Maureen I remember was in ALWD, but that's not one of the books listed." Then I reread the question and realized she didn't have to be. Tricky, tricky.
nebraska wrote:Thanks to DITHOT and Liz for a fabulous contest and congratulations to all the winners (and thanks for posting the correct answers!)
Aren't our moderators amazing?! We are so fortunate to have them!

I kept thinking that there were two characters to match up with one of the books.....and she had to go somewhere.... :dunce:

And yes, our moderators are beyond amazing. I know ONBC is an labor of love for them and they always repeat that they enjoy what they do BUT I know sometimes the hours of work involved in providing tidbits and questions and moderation itself has to be a real sacrifice and I deeply appreciate all they do!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:15 pm

Tricky? Us? :capnjack:

Congratulations to our three winners and thank you to everyone who sent in an entry! :cool: We are so glad to have all of our readers and discussion particpants.

Read on, Noodlemantras!
:ONBC:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:36 pm

theresa wrote:Congratulations, Stroch, Gemini and Nebraska! :yahoo:

Actually, I'm in awe of everyone who participated in the contest...I was so embarrassed at how few I actually knew that I wouldn't turn in my entry. :blush:

I bow to all the ONBC'ers! :notworthy:

I bow to our Noodlemantras too…..those who participated in the contest and those who didn’t. All of you are wonderful contributors to this board. It wouldn’t be what it is without you. :notworthy:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:16 am

Wow, I was out all day hunting for a new fridge as mine died on me so I just got around to checking in. Wow I can't beleive I was in the top 3 on this because I thought I messed up too many. Oh and now I feel like an idiot, all the time I spent on tryng to think of 12 books based on actual people or events. I finally gave up at 10 and the two I missed are the two we are discussing now of Fante's. Duh!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

suec

Unread postby suec » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:03 am

Congratulations, Stroch, Gemini and Nebraska! :cool:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Return to “Birthdays and Celebrations”