HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONBC

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:20 pm

Lady Jill and Depply Smitten, thanks for stopping by to join in the fun! I hope both of you will be able to join us in a future discussion! :bounce:

thatgirl, if that picture isn't the right one is sure is a good substitute!
:cloud9:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:22 pm

suec wrote: Johnny as inspiration: Where do I start? The list is endless. The main message would be that life is precious and wonderful – and short – so make the most of it. There are so many variations on this theme, from his tattoo to his bracelet. Here’s something that I found on the Zone a long time ago (Thanks !!!): ‘Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away’. Not Johnny, but it could have been. I have it displayed in my room at work – and now, so do all of my colleagues, who were as affected by it as I was. He affects me profoundly. I am a ‘glass half empty ‘ kind of girl. I don’t like that, but it’s the way I am. But my friend asked me how come I was always so positive where Johnny was concerned? She even used the phrase: whenever Johnny is involved, my glass is always half full. That was the day we went to the premiere and I just expected I was going to meet him. Crowd or no crowd. And so it was. I am learning to get into that groove of thinking, of being positive. Get off your backside; go and seek out what you want; search for the moments that take your breath away – and you will get them. I have learnt that from Johnny. Along with a whole number of other things too, of course.

Wow, Suec, I can relate to every word, here. :-O

Thank you for all of your contributions to ONBC as one of our reporters in the field. I'm really glad to see you back online again. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:31 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Lady Jill and Depply Smitten, thanks for stopping by to join in the fun! I hope both of you will be able to join us in a future discussion! :bounce:

thatgirl, if that picture isn't the right one is sure is a good substitute!
:cloud9:

Ditto from me. :cool:

:welcome: Lady Jill
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:09 am

Thanks Liz! It was pretty horrible being so disconnected and I am very happy about being back online :bounce:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:46 am

[quote="thatgirl"]Is this it?
[img] Yes, that's it. :bounce: Thank you for posting!!
Lady Jill

P. S. And thanks so much DeppInTheHeartofTexas and Liz for your welcomes ! I like being here!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:18 pm

You're most welcome, Lady Jill! We are glad to have you on board! :sailboat:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Savvy

Unread postby Savvy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:42 am

I'm sorry to be so late but I did just want to wish the ONBC a very happy 3rd birthday!

So many books.....so little time..... :noodlemantra:

Return to “Birthdays and Celebrations”