Happy Birthday ONBC!

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Happy Birthday ONBC!

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:23 am

:happybday: Happy Second Birthday Oprah Noodlemantra's Book Club!

In celebration of ONBC’s Second Birthday :bounce: :bounce: we are saying thank you :thanks!: to you all with a contest! We will post a quiz at 6:00 p.m. PST/9:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 1—our actual birthday. When you have your answers ready, you will need to send them to our email address ~ jdzonbc@yahoo.com.

DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS ON THE BOARD!! EMAIL ENTRIES ONLY!

Here's the fine print...

There will be first, second and third place winners. In order to receive your prize you will need to provide us with a mailing address. Winners will be determined by:

1. The most correct answers.
2. In case of a tie, the winning entry will be determined by the time the email was received.
3. You have 24 hours to submit your entry.

Today we will be celebrating with various threads. Keep checking in!

Thank you Noodlemantras for two great years!!! :bouquet:

And don’t forget… Our discussion of A Long Way Down starts at two past midnight tonight!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:21 am

:happybday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONBC!! :happybday:
Thanks for a great 2 years of discussions and fun DITHOT and Liz! :bounce: :disco: :bounce: :disco: :bounce:
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:11 pm

:happybday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONBC!!! :happybday:

Has it really been two years?! Great fun and mind expanding, to be sure. Thanks Lizbaba and DITHOTbaba for keeping this far out trip going!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:29 pm

Thank you for my favourite part of the Zone! :cloud9:
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:31 pm

I want to thank my friend, Tansy, for being the major force behind this thing in the beginning. She took it and ran with it. She had the vision that it could be more than just a discussion of SWSG. If it wasn't for her, I'm not sure ONBC would exist. She was with us for the first four books and also made the lovely banners for Perfume, The Time of Your Life, The Rum Diary and On the Road (displayed on the ONBC 2nd Birthday collage). Love ya, Tansy. :heart2:

I would also like to thank my buddy, DITHOT, for her tireless effort here, her wit and her friendship. :love:

And last but not least, you guys are the best! There would be no discussion without you. You never cease to amaze me with the knowledge, insight, honesty, humor and friendship you bring to our discussions. :notworthy:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:03 pm

Happy Birthday ONBC :disco:
I always love to read here , Liz and DITHOT, you are an amazing team , great job !

Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Raven

Unread postby Raven » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:10 pm

well I was going to give you this on the 1st, but since everyone is saying Congrats now.

this is my favorite part of the zone,

Keep on trucking Liz and DITHOT!

you are one fine team, thank you

Raven
"In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid
and the envious."
John Wilmot, the 2nd Earl of Rochester in The Libertine by Stephen Jeffreys

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:28 pm

Raven, that is a great book pic. :cool: I haven't seen that one before.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:45 pm

A new book pic! :bounce: Love it! Thanks, Ravenbaba! :disco:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:46 pm

Two years? Wow, it just seems like six months -- oh wait, that's me.

Happy birthday, ONBC! And thanks, Liz and DITHOT for the wonderful tidbits you bring to us and the great discussions that you lead.

It's because of the ONBC that I signed up at the Zone -- and now I can't imagine going without it and the friends I've met here. Okay, maybe I can imagine it, having just spent two weeks away -- but that just made me appreciate the ONBC and the Zone even more!

Thank You!

Image Image Image Image Image

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:47 pm

theresa, love the little readers! :cool: Where did you find them?

Wow! What a ride!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:52 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:theresa, love the little readers! :cool: Where did you find them?

I wish I knew...I Google all over the Net looking for different emoticons and :capnjack: every one that I like!

I really like the little guy (or is it girl?) with the glasses and the stack of books.

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:03 pm

Oh dang, Liz, I forgot about Tansy.....*sorry* Thanks Tansy, wherever you are!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:03 pm

Well, Liz and DITHOT, I probably say this every time we finish a book, but I really love (I typed "enjoy" first and decided it wasn't strong enough) the ONBC. You two rock. I know you spend hours and lots of energy keeping it going, and keeping it fun. I remember how excited I was two years ago when it was announced, and that excitement is still with me.

Just out of curiosity, how many of us were here two years ago?

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:21 pm

I remember the first time I posted during the SWSG discussion. I was so nervous! :blush:

It's been a great ride thanks to you all and your awesome insights and wonderful senes of humor. Of course none of us would be here without my partner in crime Liz, our original and still wonderfully inspired moderator. :highfive:

There are quite a few of us from the beginning that are still here... Stand up and be counted!

:disco: :disco: :disco:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Birthdays and Celebrations”