Anita Thompson Book Signing in San Francisco

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:57 am

fasmom, I hope you can find the right one. Maybe they will update the sites soon or you could email one of the bookstores and ask. Please report back if you are successful! :hope:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Charlie

Unread postby Charlie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:04 am

Fascinating Liz and ThirdArm and lovely to see pictures, Thank you
Stay true to your path and make a positive difference to the lives of those you touch.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:19 am

part-time poet wrote: It can't be easy on Anita to go on a speaking tour if she is by nature a shy soul, but it says a lot about her loyalty and commitment to Hunter that she is willing to do what is difficult to honor his legacy.

Best wishes to her for a successful tour and for compassionate audiences who will understand how difficult it must be to stand up and talk about Hunter--so bittersweet.

:writer2: :smiliewithhearts:

Part-Time Poet

One thing I forgot to mention is that one cannot help but see her incredible love for Hunter. It comes through loud and clear. :smiliewithhearts:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Moonlight

Unread postby Moonlight » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:35 am

Liz wrote:
part-time poet wrote: It can't be easy on Anita to go on a speaking tour if she is by nature a shy soul, but it says a lot about her loyalty and commitment to Hunter that she is willing to do what is difficult to honor his legacy.

Best wishes to her for a successful tour and for compassionate audiences who will understand how difficult it must be to stand up and talk about Hunter--so bittersweet.

:writer2: :smiliewithhearts:

Part-Time Poet

One thing I forgot to mention is that one cannot help but see her incredible love for Hunter. It comes through loud and clear. :smiliewithhearts:

That's wonderful, If someone can make clear one's emotions in the way one expresses himself. :heart:
"Johnny Depp really is a cutie." - Satchel, lead guitarist in Steel Panther :heart:

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Wonderful report Liz and ThirdArm! I'm so glad you were able to meet with Anita. What a wonderful experience! Your tour pictures make me long for another trip to SF soon Liz. :cool: I was on a food tour of North Beach a couple of years ago and happened to see Ferlinghetti standing outside of Caffe Trieste, another old hangout of the Beats. So he is, or at least was, out and about in North Beach.
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

Charlene

Unread postby Charlene » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:13 pm

fansmom wrote:Thanks, Liz!
She was very sweet and gracious as she signed my book, complimenting me on my Gonzo pin. I am thrilled to have had this opportunity to meet her. If she comes to your neck of the woods, do try to see her.

So if I go to Olsson's bookstore in DC on August 16th, I should mention that I sort of know (although I've never met) the woman with the Gonzo pin? :lol: (One hitch is that there are several Olsson's in DC. Owlfarmblog doesn't say which one she'll be at, and the Olsson's website doesn't mention that she's doing a signing at any of them.)

I, too, am entertaining "buying a ticket" on metro to get into DC...and I, too, noticed that there were 3 bookstores. If you get it figured out Fansmom, drop me a PM. I'm not one to venture into DC alone.

If on the slight chance I make it, I'll be sure to mention you Liz....and I've had the pleasure of riding with Liz in CA traffic. She is awesome at navigating the unnavigatiab

p.s. Thanks Liz & 3rdArm for the tour of SF. Great job.

Raisinette

Unread postby Raisinette » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Oh, I do wish she'd come to Orlando - after all, Jack Kerouac had a house here, so it wouldn't be far fetched. (The house is now a museum, btw)

Kyrila
"Now, bring me that horizon!"

DeepinDepp

Unread postby DeepinDepp » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:50 pm

:thanks!: Liz and Third Arm for sharing in the moment, the pictures are wonderful!!! I would so love to meet Anita and hope she'll eventually make it here to Atlanta for a signing.

I hope all those wanting to go to the DC signing make it! :hope:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:49 pm

Raisinette, don't give up on that hope. I don't think it is so farfetched.

DeepinDepp, good to see you! :wave: Hope she comes your way, too.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:25 pm

I enjoyed the photos and story a lot! :bounce: Through you, I get to experience pieces of life I would never be able to do on my own.

I don't think anyone has said, who is having the book signed in the photo? Is that one of our ONBC lovelies or an anonymous Hunter fan?

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:32 pm

nebraska wrote: I don't think anyone has said, who is having the book signed in the photo? Is that one of our ONBC lovelies or an anonymous Hunter fan?
Zat's our Liz!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 pm

fansmom wrote:
nebraska wrote: I don't think anyone has said, who is having the book signed in the photo? Is that one of our ONBC lovelies or an anonymous Hunter fan?
Zat's our Liz!

Are you kidding me?????? She doesn't look anything like the Captain Jack Sparrow Halloween costume photos I have seen before! I may need to take a second look at this.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:12 am

Charlene wrote:
fansmom wrote:Thanks, Liz!
She was very sweet and gracious as she signed my book, complimenting me on my Gonzo pin. I am thrilled to have had this opportunity to meet her. If she comes to your neck of the woods, do try to see her.

So if I go to Olsson's bookstore in DC on August 16th, I should mention that I sort of know (although I've never met) the woman with the Gonzo pin? :lol: (One hitch is that there are several Olsson's in DC. Owlfarmblog doesn't say which one she'll be at, and the Olsson's website doesn't mention that she's doing a signing at any of them.)

I, too, am entertaining "buying a ticket" on metro to get into DC...and I, too, noticed that there were 3 bookstores. If you get it figured out Fansmom, drop me a PM. I'm not one to venture into DC alone.

If on the slight chance I make it, I'll be sure to mention you Liz....and I've had the pleasure of riding with Liz in CA traffic. She is awesome at navigating the unnavigatiab

p.s. Thanks Liz & 3rdArm for the tour of SF. Great job.

Update from owlfarmblog.com--
There has been a rescheduling of the scheduled Aug 16th booksigning at Olsson's in Washington, DC. The event has been moved to Sunday, September 16th. Update your calendars.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:57 am

Hope some of our Zoners will be able to attend. Thanks for the update, fansmom. :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:19 am

Thought I'd add this tidbit to this thread. For NY area Zoners, Anita Thompson will be in NYC for a book signing this Friday, Oct 12th. Supposedly she will mention The Rum Diary. I'm curious what she'll have to say. Hope we can get a report from someone that can attend.

http://www.owlfarmblog.com/
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

Return to “Hunter S. Thompson”