Hunter: The Wave Speech

Moderator: Liz

JD101

Unread postby JD101 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:23 am

Naomi, thank you so much for posting that... I searched all over on Monday to find this. I couldn't find my book (I think I lent it out) and I couldn't find it anywhere on the web. I should have known to come here. This passage, among all the wonderful passages that fill his books, really holds a special place in our hearts.

"The greatest pain that comes from love is loving someone you can never have." ~ Unknown

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:26 am

lumineuse wrote:Thanks so much, DITHOT. You all are so supportive. There are days that I don't know what I'd do without you all to distract me, make me think, and give me a good laugh just when I need it. :grouphug:

Lumineuse, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I'm glad you felt you could bring that here. I had a friend who I was worried about once. I decided to call suicide prevention and discuss it with them. They suggested therapy for my friend or trying to get her to call them. At least you have a dialog going with him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

suec

Unread postby suec » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:47 pm

Luminuese, I am also very sorry about your brother. It is very difficult sometimes to balance quality of life against quantity and feel that it is not worth carrying on. Sometimes, though, the bad times do pass, thankfully. My sister-in-law attempted suicide once. Fortunately my brother came home in time and was able to rush her to hospital. It was a shock for us but such a relief that such a terrible thing had been prevented, because the problem she was experiencing at the time has gone and now life is much better. I very much hope that there is hope for your brother and that all the love in your family can help him.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:13 pm

Thanks Liz and suec. And thanks everyone who posted here or mailed me privately. Your support means a lot to me. Unfortunately there are not many treament options for my brother, but at least for the time being he is managing. Thanks for your kind words and your prayers. And suec - I am so glad your sister-in-law recovered.
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Jacks_Effects

Unread postby Jacks_Effects » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:20 pm

lumineuse im sorry about your brother. Stay strong and im sure you are doing everything you can to help him stay strong. I bet you are a great sister! :angel:

That speech was quite something. :bawl:
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." -John Wooden

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:25 pm

Thanks Jacks Effects. I'm doing my best.
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Return to “Hunter S. Thompson”