The Time of Your Life film on TCM

Moderator: Liz

fansmom

The Time of Your Life film on TCM

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:44 pm

It's listed on Turner Classic Movie's website as being aired on Tuesday, April 25 at 4:45 p.m. It's the 1948 Jimmy Cagney/Broderick Crawford version.

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/sche ... e=EST&cid=

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:47 pm

I have this version and I love it. :bounce: Be forewarned though that this is the one where the ending is changed. Still worth catching! Thanks for the heads up, fansmom! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:06 pm

You're welcome, DITHOT--and thanks for saying you love it. I felt kinda funny posting that when I haven't seen the movie.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:13 pm

I have seen both versions and while the ending of the second one is true to the play, I think the characters in the first one capture the time and place much better. The seem more Saroyanesque to me.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:43 am

I've also seen both versions, and I agree with you DITHOT--the original is much more Saroyanesque.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Book News”