ONBC's Next Book......A MOVEABLE FEAST

by Ernest Hemingway

Moderator: Liz

Parlez

Re: ONBC's Next Book......A MOVEABLE FEAST

Unread postby Parlez » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:32 pm

gemini wrote:
Parlez wrote:lizbet, that is too funny about the DVD! :rotflmao: And, Kittycat, the devil you say! :lol: Actually, I wish I had Corso's prowess in finding such gems, as well as someone to subsidize the time it takes to hunt for them. In this case, I wasn't really looking, or looking intently. AMF just found me.
Gemini ~ you mean you fell in love all over again with Hemingway, right, not Fitzgerald. Otherwise, Papa H is turning over in his grave right about now I think! But, no worries, Mate - back in the 'classics' discussion I said 'The Song of Hiawatha' was written by James Fenimore Cooper when, in fact, it was written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Three names = close!
Anyway, I want to thank you guys for reminding me that I should hop to it and start reading this book! I've gotten sidetracked (Perez-Reverte would be so happy to hear that) with Parallel Worlds, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Paris in the 20's. (well, I'm not sure...maybe it does...:hypnotic: )

No Parlez I fell in love again with F Scott Fitzgerald from Hemingway writing about his life. I like reading Hemingway but he is too full of himself for me to fall in love with. I like the needed sentimental types.

Okay - gotcha! :cool:
Sorry to misinterpret...blame it on my lack of intertextual info! :heart2:
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

flo116

Unread postby flo116 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

:wave: This is my first visit to the ONBC, Wow what a great place. I have always been intrigued by Hemingway, not sure why. But I am looking forward to reading "A Moveable Feast". Great find Parlaz,even if the book found you. I really enjoy browsing used book stores and looking for first editions. Hope to join in the discussion.
"What interested me was that he has so many faces" "But each one is completely pure & innocent" Francois Marie Banier about Johnny

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:46 am

Welcome, flo116! We're glad you found us! :welcome: We are looking forward to you joining the discussion! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Catacomb Dweller

Unread postby Catacomb Dweller » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:08 am

Paris is a place that has always intrigued me, I have never been but have always wanted to go, I'm so looking forward to reading through this book :-D
The human body is like a journal, Each scar tells a story

I'm attracted to the people who are considered freaks. Since I was young, I've identified with characters considered by "normal" society to be outcasts and oddballs

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:49 am

Welcome to ONBC, Catacomb Dweller. I’m sorry that we’ve missed you for this discussion. We look forward to you joining us in the future, though. :hope:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “A Moveable Feast”