TCD Question #12 - The Narrator

by Arturo Perez-Reverte

Moderator: Liz

gemini

Re: TCD Question #12 - The Narrator

Unread postby gemini » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:18 am

Parlez wrote:Really? I can't say that I know, even now, what the of premise is in TCD! :eyebrow:

Your comment here reminds me of reading the reviews for TCD on amazon.
They are all as varied as our comments. Here are a few random lines just for amusement.

This work is a great piece of misdirection

I found the constant literary minutia irritating

If the literary references weren't constantly beyond me

This was a fun, mildly thought-provoking read

The general plot is very well written, it is just the conclusion that left me in bewilderment.

The overall rating was a 4 star. I just picked a couple lines to show variety but some of the reviews were pretty interesting to read.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: TCD Question #12 - The Narrator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:53 am

nebraska wrote:
Liz wrote:
nebraska wrote: The last few days I have really felt like I am in way over my head in this discussion. :banghead: I really missed a lot when I read this book!

Me too! :hypnotic: Some of the questions I asked were very general philosophical questions that I had not really related to the story itself. But after delving into them further I see more how they relate to the book and make me see how P-R has so cleverly written a very intertextual novel.

Maybe. Or maybe this is just a perfect example of how reading is a solitary experience that is related to each person's individual identification with the subject matter. It appears that I am somewhat of a surface reader. :-?

After knowing you for 4 years, Nebraska (whoa, can you believe that?), I wouldn't say you are a surface reader. I think gemini's quotes of reviews from Amazon say it all.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “The Club Dumas”