TCD Tidbit #3 ~ The History of Books Part 2

by Arturo Perez-Reverte

Moderator: Liz

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Did you return it? That's ridiculous! :-/
No, we just squashed it together for a while, and when the glue cooled, it sealed itself back together. It had gotten really hot on the dashboard.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 pm

I guess that makes sense then. Still, bookbinding ain't what it used to be. :banghead:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:33 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:I guess that makes sense then. Still, bookbinding ain't what it used to be. :banghead:

Aye ~ cheap cheap cheap! And to think a 'mass market' paperback can cost upwards of $10, it's not so cheap for the masses.
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:46 pm

Parlez wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:I guess that makes sense then. Still, bookbinding ain't what it used to be. :banghead:

Aye ~ cheap cheap cheap! And to think a 'mass market' paperback can cost upwards of $10, it's not so cheap for the masses.

Please dont remind me Parlez, this is where all my allowance to myself goes. It annoys me that I have to buy all the paperbacks that I do because the library never has the books I want to read. I would rather have hardbacks but can't afford them the way I read. I need to buy stock in amazon.com.
I do keep the ones I really like and reread them later but they still dont last long.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 pm

We have a great local chain of used book stores called Half Price Books. You can sell your used books there and buy books at half price or less. Each of the stores in our town has a unique personality so you can visit one or the other depending on what you are looking for. You may not always find exactly what you are looking for but you always find something!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Club Dumas”