TDB&TB Question #7 ~ Your First Record

by Jean-Dominique Bauby

Moderator: Liz

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon May 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
suec wrote:Oh dear! My first record was an Abba single, for no good reason that I can recall, and I certainly don't own it now. On the other hand, I have been known, when finding myself quite inadvertently at an Abba tribute night, to sing-a-long to every track. :blush:

:lol: I don't think you should feel embarassed at all, I have to admit I owned all their records and have bought their Greatest Hits on CD which I still own. They were great pop tunes , and some of the lyrics were quite sad and meaningful. :cool:
Ok, GG, I'll stop teasing my DH about his Abba greatest hit CD. :lol:

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon May 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Liz wrote:A ukulele! I bet my daughter’s 4th grade teacher knows that song (even her car’s license plate has the “uke” in it). Glad you found it. It was fun to listen to. I didn’t find it because I spelled Hootchie Kootchie as Hoochie Coochie. :blush:

A Davy Jones fan here.

Parlez, my daughter’s new favorite song is Hey Jude. I love it when our kids re-discover the classics. I remember really liking one of my parents’ favorites…..Ed Ames. Does anyone remember him?

Yes, I remember the Ames Brothers and I particularly remember Ed Ames doing the hatchet throwing demonstration ....... :blush:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon May 12, 2008 8:51 pm

nebraska wrote:
Liz wrote:A ukulele! I bet my daughter’s 4th grade teacher knows that song (even her car’s license plate has the “uke” in it). Glad you found it. It was fun to listen to. I didn’t find it because I spelled Hootchie Kootchie as Hoochie Coochie. :blush:

A Davy Jones fan here.

Parlez, my daughter’s new favorite song is Hey Jude. I love it when our kids re-discover the classics. I remember really liking one of my parents’ favorites…..Ed Ames. Does anyone remember him?

Yes, I remember the Ames Brothers and I particularly remember Ed Ames doing the hatchet throwing demonstration ....... :blush:

:biglaugh: One of the all time best Tonight Show moments!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly”