Public Enemies Question #25 ~ The Cast

by Bryan Burrough

Moderator: Liz

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 am

Naenae wrote:My vote for Hoover: Phillip Seymour Hoffman, a great actor and could be a fit for the upcoming FBI leader. I think Hoover looked older than his 35 yrs of age. Does anybody have any guesses who may play Dillinger Sr? I would like to see someone like Robert Redford or maybe Warren Beatty ( who looks the part of a gangster). We have still a good crop of actors who are in their late 50's or early 60's.

Naenae and DITHOT, we have an accord about Hoffman as Hoover. I didn't think of Dillinger Sr., but would have to pick Warren Beatty. He's a great one for the era!

Kitty
" After we're gone, the only thing that matters is the love we left behind."

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:06 am

Naenae wrote:My vote for Hoover: Phillip Seymour Hoffman, a great actor and could be a fit for the upcoming FBI leader. I think Hoover looked older than his 35 yrs of age. Does anybody have any guesses who may play Dillinger Sr? I would like to see someone like Robert Redford or maybe Warren Beatty ( who looks the part of a gangster). We have still a good crop of actors who are in their late 50's or early 60's.

Naenae, :welcome: to ONBC. I think Warren Beatty would be perfect!

OK, I found someone who I think would be great as Polly Hamilton. She is one of the ensemble cast from the TV drama, Brothers and Sisters. I give you Rachel Griffiths....

ImageImage
Last edited by Liz on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:12 am

Sarah Whedon ~ isn't she Rachel Griffiths in real life? She played George Jung's mother in Blow! I like her -- she's a great actress!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:23 am

Joni wrote:Sarah Whedon ~ isn't she Rachel Griffiths in real life? She played George Jung's mother in Blow! I like her -- she's a great actress!

Oops. You are so right, Joni. :blush: I'll change that. I have always had problems with the names on that show, switching them back and forth between their real names and their character names. I always call the matriarch Sally.

She is a good actress. Her role in Blow was entirely different than her role on TV.....so different, I didn't even realize it was the same person. But now that I'm going back and seeing his mom in my mind, well, yeah, that's her. So double
:blush: :lol: I think I need a vacation. DITHOT, did you know that? We talk about this show every week, and that has NEVER come up in the conversation. :dunce:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:55 am

I like her as Polly! I always forget she was George's mom. Her character was, well, so out of character for what she is doing now. I guess that is the mark of a good actress! :cool: I make the same mistake with that show. I guess I feel like the characters are so well done I know them by those names! :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:25 am

Good choice, Liz. I remember her as George's Mom in Blow, but she sure doesn't resemble her in your picture. As for a TV show, I never watch TV, so I can't comment there.

Kitty
" After we're gone, the only thing that matters is the love we left behind."

Return to “Public Enemies”