Bryan Burrough Chats with Us

by Bryan Burrough

Moderator: Liz

part-time poet

Unread postby part-time poet » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:21 pm

This is wonderful news--and quite a compliment to all our terrific Noodlemantras :noodlemantra: and the outstanding work of Liz and DITHOT in leading this forum. :ONBC:

:applause: Cheers to Mr. Burrough :writer: for being so gracious. I look forward to seeing the questions you choose to ask him about his work. :press:

We should also plead with him to share any BTS stories if he gets his wish to be an extra once they start shooting. He may have to sign a hundred different confidentiality agreements, to not disclose any details before PUBLIC ENEMIES hits the theaters, but we should let him know that Johnny Depp encounters have an endless shelf life here, and we would be happy to hear anything, anytime, even if it's a couple of years after the event. ;-)

This is very exciting! Congratulations to ONBC!

:hatsoff:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Thanks, PTP. And that is a great idea to ask him that. We will make sure we mention that to him at some point during this process.

Keep those questions coming in, youse guys....
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

ThespianAtHeart

Unread postby ThespianAtHeart » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:22 pm

How fabulous. Thank you, Liz. Looking forward to participate.
I'm not becoming like them; I am them.
God gave us memories so that we might have roses in December- JM Barrie
Not one man, no, not ten men, nor a hundred can assuage me - I will have you
August 30, 2008

ForeverinmyheartJD
Location: The West Coast...being inspired and wishing on a star...

Unread postby ForeverinmyheartJD » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:27 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:ForeverinmyheartJD, your first post is a great start! :welcome: Please don't be shy! We would love to hear your thoughts on our discussion questions! :cool:

I certainly appreciate the welcome DITHOT - and am so sorry for not sayings thanks earlier and replying to your ONBC questions. Real life has a funny way of keeping us busy sometimes, doesn't it?

I am still trying to get through the book and everytime I think of an answer to one of the questions, someone has beat me too it. I am enjoying reading through all the comments. Just wanted to let you know your hard work is very much appreciated by even us "Silent" ones.
:thanks!: :noodlemantra:
Wishes do come true - Captain Jack is back!

nickidepphead

Unread postby nickidepphead » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:00 pm

How cool, well done ladies - it must make you rather proud to know such people are checking out the Zone!

:bounce: :disco: :cool:
* So...directly from the beautiful lips of Johnny Depp - THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Johnny Depp Zone! *

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:33 pm

No worries, ForeverinmyheartJD! I've had a bit of a dose of real life myself the past couple of weeks. :banghead:

nickidepphead, it is indeed an exciting thought! Look for Mr. Burrough's ansewers in a couple of weeks.
:cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

AnaMaria

Unread postby AnaMaria » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:54 am

Congratulations Liz and DITHOT. A wonderful recognition, once again, for the efforts you put into ONBC.

Even if I haven't/won't read the book ( personal decision: in general I have trouble with book/movie combinations - usually I choose either one. Can you tell which one I choose when it's a Johnny Depp movie ?) I'm looking forward to read Mr. Burrough's comments.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks, AnaMaria! We are really excited to have him participate! :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:20 pm

I just read two more of Bryans blogs about Public Enemies and now see the Feb 25 deadline for questions is over but if there is time how about one more question?
He said
I’ve read the Public Enemies script and, no, it’s not 100 percent historically accurate. But it’s by far the closest thing to fact Hollywood has attempted and for that I am both excited and quietly relieved.
Is it possible to ask him what parts were not accurate?
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:30 pm

We can give it a shot, gemini. I'm not sure how much he can reveal about the script at this point though. :eyebrow:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Public Enemies”