Bryan Burrough Chats with Us

by Bryan Burrough

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Bryan Burrough Chats with Us

Unread postby Liz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:17 am

Ma DITHOT and I have fantastic news to share...... :bounce:

I’ve been in contact with Bryan Burrough; and he has kindly consented to chat with us.

In fact, he has asked me to tell you that he’s really sorry that Public Enemies is hard to read and confusing.
“The book is just too dense. I committed the sin of falling in love with the subject matter and, well, that's what happens. You try to pack everything in and sometimes it's all just a bit much.”

Also, he said that he’s “already been reading” our forums. “They're first rate and very thoughtful. Not at all what I expected, in fact.” :lol:

So any of you molls out there with questions for Mr. Burrough need to email them to us at jdzonbc@yahoo.com no later than Monday, February 25. You may also PM us if you wish. Just one question per person, please. Note that there is the possibility that not all questions will be used and that some may be combined to avoid duplication.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 am

Wow, again, Liz and DITHOT! Beyond the call of duty!

I will think on about a question. Interesting that he made that comment about depth of content though.

And also interesting that he was surprised. Maybe he anticipated boards populated by fangirls with idiotic names?
:angel:

the blonde :blush:
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:35 am

:bounce: Great news Lucky Liz and Ma DITHOT!!! Thanks for setting this up. Looking forward to the Q & A with him. :cool:

Will try to come up with a question or two. :perplexed: :writer2:

~Too-Tall Tula
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

suec

Unread postby suec » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:37 am

Woo hoo! fantastic news! :bounce:

Strangely, I'm not surprised that he's been reading here. The thought occurred to me when I read about reading him reading the IMDb board so avidly. Guess we never know who's out there though! And what a nice message from him.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:45 am

Oh boy!! How cool-hep-jazzy-smokin' is that! :hatsoff:
I see a chance to show Mr Burrough what Johnny's fangirls (with monikers) are like ~ intelligent, thoughtful, considerate, and fearless! Naturally, I, the Big Bohemian, can't seem to come up with a question that reflects any of those things! But I've got a little time...let me think...
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

suec

Unread postby suec » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Parlez wrote:Oh boy!! How cool-hep-jazzy-smokin' is that! :hatsoff:
I see a chance to show Mr Burrough what Johnny's fangirls (with monikers) are like ~ intelligent, thoughtful, considerate, and fearless! Naturally, I, the Big Bohemian, can't seem to come up with a question that reflects any of those things! But I've got a little time...let me think...

:lol: Parlez, I can never think of questions to ask: my mind always goes completely blank. This is the first time when one or two have occurred to me - and I'm pretty sure they'll have been answered by the time we finish the discussion, knowing the folk here.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

GAO

Unread postby GAO » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Wow! It is a great news!
Congratulations, Liz, DITHOT and all the Noodlemantras.
Since all of you gave me this great opportunity to get this book, I just wanted to say my congrats.

Well, as I have been to :cloud9: for :sweeneysmile: ,
I am still on the page 78... hopeless...
My goal is to finish reading before the movie is released. :blush:
Keep breathing.
Keep moving forward.
Be happy.
---Johnny Depp---

namaste

Unread postby namaste » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:17 pm

WOW! That is incredible news. Thank you Liz and DITHOT! I wasn't planning on reading the book until after the movie (it's just the way I prefer to do things), but now I just may have to reconsider that thought.

I loved his comment about the forum here; I imagine a lot of people are surprised when they come here.

Linda Lee

Unread postby Linda Lee » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:24 pm

Wow, great news! Thank you Liz and DITHOT.

Looking forward to reading the Q&A.
Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace within the storm. ~ Unknown

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:24 pm

Needless to say we are pretty excited at this opportunity! :bounce: His comment is certainly a compliment to all of our thoughtful and insightful posters. Thanks to all of you who make it a place to be proud of! :thanks!: Put on your thinking caps and send us some questions, I know you all will come through as you always do!

GAO, finishing the book is a fine goal to be sure! I can't even imagine trying to read this book in a second language!
:cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Mrs.Nobody

Unread postby Mrs.Nobody » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:25 pm

namaste wrote:WOW! That is incredible news. Thank you Liz and DITHOT! I wasn't planning on reading the book until after the movie (it's just the way I prefer to do things), but now I just may have to reconsider that thought.

I loved his comment about the forum here; I imagine a lot of people are surprised when they come here.

I'm in the same boat namaste I was going to read the book afterwards too. I received it this week, started reading and then had second thoughts, now I'm re-thinking this again with this great news. You ladies are awesome!!!! :cool:
He has a way of huddling down under his hat and his totemsBut when the camera was on him, some of the times, he kind of beamed Johnny out It was striking, like one of those magic powers in those hobbit movies.John Richardson Esquire Magazine

Betty Sue

Unread postby Betty Sue » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Wow!! Nice going, mod molls!! :hatsoff: And, Mr. Burrough, I love your remark about "falling in love with the subject matter"! You really gave a definitive account, and I guess I can't blame you if I have trouble keeping it all straight! :dunce:
Ma Dillinger
"I never wanted to be remembered for being a star."

magpie

Unread postby magpie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:39 pm

Wow, that's great news! I'll stay tuned!

I'm not surprised that he likes the Zone :lol:
I'm having a thought here. . . .
. . if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
--C.S. Lewis

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Endora wrote:And also interesting that he was surprised. Maybe he anticipated boards populated by fangirls with idiotic names?
:angel:

the blonde :blush:

:rotflmao:

I admit to being a tad surprised myself back in 2003 when we first started doing this. :blush: And as much as I try to explain the book connection to Johnny to those people in my real world, most just can't seem to comprehend it. :banghead:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:07 pm

I have to admit that I was hoping since we have had contact with other writers that we would get to talk to Bryan.... Oops sorry Mr. Burrough. I did get my hopes up when Emma found his Vanity Fair article but I am still pleasantly surprised. I'm off to think of a question. Thanks for coming through above and beyond your call of duty again, Liz and DITHOT.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Return to “Public Enemies”