10 Most Wanted List

by Bryan Burrough

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

10 Most Wanted List

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:48 am

fansmom sent me this link from New York Public Radio. It is an interview with someone from the FBI about how the Ten Most Wanted List came into being and how it works today. Interesting info! Thanks, fansmom! :cool:

http://www.onthemedia.org/episodes/2008/01/25/segments/92536
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 am

Just doing a bit of catching up here. :blush: Thanks for this ; I enjoyed listening to it. Interesting how the list came about as in pretty much accidentally. But a 90% success rate with it (if I remember correctly) certainly shows results.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:22 am

Hi suec, glad you are getting caught up. You've a bit of travel on the ONBC bus ahead of you! :wave:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:17 pm

Well, I know. The thing is that I have a lot more than that to catch up on. I've only had my first read of the book, which I always do at breakneck speed, just to get the big picture. The trouble with that is I always need a second read, to get the detail, and whenever I start it, I get interrupted. And I can't read like that. I have to pick up a book, and keep my nose in it until it's finished. For a woman, I am seriously useless at multi-tasking! To tell you the truth, I am just a little lost just right now because of so many locations and all. So I plan to look at the location tidbits as I find them in the book. Thankfully, I have a break from work coming up, when I can catch up.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:19 pm

And there is a lot of detail in this book, not to mention a cast of hundreds!

Wow! What a ride!

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:And there is a lot of detail in this book, not to mention a cast of hundreds!
Thank goodness for those photos in the front! I referred back to them dozens of times.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 pm

I did too. Once I got the flow of the story it helped but the characters overlapped into each others stories so that got a bit confusing at times. Just imagine how the FBI felt! :lol:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Public Enemies”