Dillinger on PBS in February

by Bryan Burrough

Moderator: Liz

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks so much L13 for sharing the info and pics! Definitely sounds like it was worth getting. I wonder if Johnny will be 'Jack Rabbit'? ;-)
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

Lucky13

Unread postby Lucky13 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:37 am

I thought these were interesting... I apologize, a bit difficult to get really clear screencaps.

This was Dillinger request for an interview to be transferred to the Michigan City prison....

And Billie's "Love Life" with Dillinger....

..... hope we get to see a few of those "kisses beneath slumberous Southern skies".... :thud: :thud:
~ Yah, I wanna take that ride with you!

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Parlez

Unread postby Parlez » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:23 am

Oh, man ~ that note asking to be transfered brought tears to my eyes! :bawl: I can only imagine what being in prison, working in a 'shirt shop', was doing to Dillinger's psyche. Actually, I guess we've got pretty good proof of what that did to Johnnie's psyche, right? (!) Btw, do we know if his request was granted?

Thanks SO much for the scans, Lucky13. I couldn't read the second article, but I agree with you ~ the headline was enough to get my romantic fantasies going! :heart:

Now I can't get that old popular hit song, "Indian Love Call" out of me mind! ("I'll be calling yoooo ooo ooo!") :sing:
"Belay that! ...Do something else!" ~ Hector Barbossa
savvy avi by mamabear

Lucky13

Unread postby Lucky13 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:52 am

Parlez wrote: Btw, do we know if his request was granted?

It was Parlez.. it stated that once in Michigan City he "hooked up with Harry Pierpont" after his parole.

Parlez wrote:Thanks SO much for the scans, Lucky13. I couldn't read the second article, but I agree with you ~ the headline was enough to get my romantic fantasies going! :heart:

I'm also reading John Dillinger - The Life and Death of America's First Celebrity Criminal by Dary Matera. Dillinger and Billie had quite a "romance" shall we say. The book states:

"Dillinger was getting passionately reacquainted with his hot-blooded "welcome home" present ** Billie Frechette**. By all accounts the two were carnal soul mates who could match each other fiery stroke for fiery stroke. Their sizzling reunion in Hamilton rocked the hideout to the extent where the others worried that their animalistic mating cries might bring the cops down on them". :-O

I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special. April 7, 2008

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 pm

:bounce: :bounce: Lucky13, thanks so much for the screencaps. I thought they were extremely clear. Well done!

Love the Jack Rabbit pic! :capnjack:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:22 pm

Lucky13 wrote:I'm also reading John Dillinger - The Life and Death of America's First Celebrity Criminal by Dary Matera. Dillinger and Billie had quite a "romance" shall we say. The book states:

"Dillinger was getting passionately reacquainted with his hot-blooded "welcome home" present ** Billie Frechette**. By all accounts the two were carnal soul mates who could match each other fiery stroke for fiery stroke. Their sizzling reunion in Hamilton rocked the hideout to the extent where the others worried that their animalistic mating cries might bring the cops down on them". :-O

:-O :thud: :stretcher:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

Linda Lee

Unread postby Linda Lee » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks Lucky 13, for the report and the screen caps. I was hoping Netflix might have this available, but while they have other episodes of the American Experience they're not offering this one yet.
Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace within the storm. ~ Unknown

Lucky13

Unread postby Lucky13 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Liz wrote: :bounce: :bounce: Lucky13, thanks so much for the screencaps. I thought they were extremely clear. Well done!

Love the Jack Rabbit pic! :capnjack:

Thanks Liz (and everyone)... it was my pleasure to share will my fellow Noodlemantras !! :ONBC:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Thank you, Lucky13!! Those screencaps were great. You can see that same little, smirky smile even in the pic of him when he was younger. Very nice, thanks!!! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Lucky13

Unread postby Lucky13 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:20 pm

You're entirely welcome, DITHOT !!!!

Johnny doesn't need to rehearse the "Dillinger smile"... he's already got that down pat !!!!!!! ;-)

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Agreed! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Public Enemies”