TBIMG Question #2 ~ Gullible

by Dr. Madhi Obeidi and Kurt Pitzer

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:45 pm

That is a difficult question to answer, Gemini, as I have not had to deal with it, thank God! I know that is a cop out. But I will think more on it as we will be exploring questions similar to this in future discussion questions. So stay tuned....
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:00 pm

gemini, you can be sure that the discussion of conscience as well as the power of fear will be coming up frequently as we progress. Good questions! :grin:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Linda Lee

Re: TBIMG Question #2 ~ Gullible

Unread postby Linda Lee » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 am

Yes, we are too trusting; we give everyone the benefit of the doubt until we are proved wrong.
As I read this passage I felt insulted by the use of the word gullible, because it implies easy to take advantage of or trick.
But as I read the next section, I felt he was envious of our freedom and basic instinct to trust others. Of course then he proceeded to turn that trait to his advantage.
Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace within the storm. ~ Unknown

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: TBIMG Question #2 ~ Gullible

Unread postby Liz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 am

Linda Lee wrote: But as I read the next section, I felt he was envious of our freedom and basic instinct to trust others. Of course then he proceeded to turn that trait to his advantage.

Human nature. :eyebrow:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “The Bomb in My Garden”