The Bomb in my Garden; another book for our nightstand?

by Dr. Madhi Obeidi and Kurt Pitzer

Moderator: Liz

Charlene

The Bomb in my Garden; another book for our nightstand?

Unread postby Charlene » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:56 pm

Saw this tidbit on Inspired by Depp website. Can't say as I saw it mention in the zone. Anyone know anymore on this topic? My nightstand runneth over now with Johnny and HST books.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8715

Johnny Depp Finds a Bomb
Source: Variety March 11, 2005

Variety says Initial Entertainment Group and Johnny Depp have optioned nonfiction book The Bomb in My Garden, written by Iraq's top nuclear scientist Mahdi Obeidi and People magazine foreign correspondent Kurt Pitzer.

The movie will tell the story of how, after Saddam Hussein's capture, Obeidi tried to turn himself and his secrets over to the U.S., only to find the CIA and other government agencies didn't believe him. The journo hatched a scheme to get Obeidi and his family out of the country before he was killed by insurgents who wanted to silence him.

Obeidi gave over secrets that included a uranium enrichment device he buried in his yard.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:39 pm

Charlene, it was mentioned in the Zone about a month ago, or it wouldn't be sitting on my nightstand right now. I'm not sure how well it would lend itself to the ONBC, especially since it would be hard to keep political views out of the discussion.

Charlene

Unread postby Charlene » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:16 pm

Thanks fansmom. Gosh, I live on the zone and somehow I missed it. My bad.

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:18 pm

fansmom wrote:Charlene, it was mentioned in the Zone about a month ago, or it wouldn't be sitting on my nightstand right now. I'm not sure how well it would lend itself to the ONBC, especially since it would be hard to keep political views out of the discussion.

So how is the book, fansmom?
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:39 pm

fansmom wrote:Charlene, it was mentioned in the Zone about a month ago, or it wouldn't be sitting on my nightstand right now. I'm not sure how well it would lend itself to the ONBC, especially since it would be hard to keep political views out of the discussion.

It wouldn't be the first time we've allowed that subject to sneak into our conversations. :capnjack: This one must be a doozie, Fansmom. And, Lumineuse, it is on the "to be considered in the future" list. It appears we will never run out of books for consideration. :hope:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:16 pm

Hi Charlene :disco: ,I read it about a month ago and it was quite fascinating-I never thought I'd read a book about nuclear fission and physics,but it's quite compulsive reading.I guess the political side of it was the most appealing thing in it to me:capnjack: -there so many parallels you can draw .[But I won't :-O ]
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Return to “The Bomb in My Garden”