WEGG Tidbit #7 - Where's Gilbert?

by Peter Hedges

Moderator: Liz

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:41 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:It was great fun!!! :bounce: And I'll get Liz to say MAY-NER one of these days! :banghead:

gemini, we did see a street named Gregg in Manor! It could relate back to your family. :cool:

I did look at the cast and crew list for WEGG and couldn't find any JP. I wonder if it was some enterprising local extra looking for a bit of enduring fame? :perplexed:

askmewhy, I'm in the need of a moon pie...I feel another road trip coming on!
:motorcycle:

On the Imdb there is a John Prince, Driver could be him or it could have been someone else who worked on the film but was not credited.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:20 pm

Could be, GG. One of the locals tried to tell another friend that Johnny was the one that signed the sidewalk. I think we can be pretty sure that's not the case! :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:50 pm

That was great -- very thorough and very funny. Manor looks sleepy and rural, yet is really close to Austin...so I googled Manor property values.

It looks like several new subdivisions in the $150,000--200,000 range are being built. Wierdly, both property and violent crime are reported to be higher than the county and state average.

Thank you for giving us a tour. I love seeing the real places where movies were filmed.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:30 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it stroch! Tomorrow's tidbit will give a little more perspective on what's happening in Manor these days.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:30 pm

stroch wrote:That was great -- very thorough and very funny.

Well thanks, stroch, and good to see you. BUT I just noticed it was not thorough enough. No one told me the colors were off. Black shows up as dark red in the ONBC board style; so neither DITHOT nor I noticed that some of it was black on the Zone board style. I happened to look offline and noticed. :yikes: :blush: :dunce: Working with all of those colors is tricky business on this board. :banghead: So you y'all might want to look at it again to see how it should have looked. :-/
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Uh...did you say ya'll??? There's hope for you yet! :bounce:

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:45 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Uh...did you say ya'll??? There's hope for you yet! :bounce:

I did......but it looks like I didn't spell it in Texan. But we won't go there, DITHOT. :grin: :capnjack:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:47 pm

*sigh* :-/

Wow! What a ride!

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:39 pm

:rotflmao: Thanks for the laugh, ladies! (And also this great tidbit!)

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks for a great tour of May-ner! That was fun! Why does it not surprise me that askmewhy was climbing that water tower? LOL :capnjack:
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:15 pm

Liz wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Uh...did you say ya'll??? There's hope for you yet! :bounce:

I did......but it looks like I didn't spell it in Texan. But we won't go there, DITHOT. :grin: :capnjack:

Actually, you did spell it right, Liz. Y'all is a contraction for you all, so you put the apostrophe in the right place. But DITHOT spelled it the Texan way, so her way is right, too.

Really, we Texans will accept any spelling -- and as long as you don't say youse guys, we'll take it! :grin:

Thanks for the great tidbit today...and thanks for letting me help out on this one. It was a lot of fun trying to match the movie screencaps up with the current pictures of Manor. (Yes, I say May-ner.)

Linda Lee

Unread postby Linda Lee » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:29 pm

What an enjoyable tidbit! It's great to see where the film was made. Loved your pictures and the screencaps.
Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace within the storm. ~ Unknown

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:34 pm

theresa wrote:
Really, we Texans will accept any spelling -- and as long as you don't say youse guys, we'll take it! :grin:

I don't think Donnie Brasco would like that, Theresa! :grin:

LilMissy

Unread postby LilMissy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:53 pm

:rotflmao: Great job Ladies! :rotflmao:
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."~Blaise Pascal (1670)
My lovely avatar~thanks to Theresa
''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' ~John Wayne

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:00 pm

:bounce: GREAT JOB LADIES, Y'ALL DID REALLY GOOD!
What fun you must have had being there, right where they filmed. I can't wait to see what's happening today in Manor. Maybe Berger Barn arrived!!

Lady Jill
" After we're gone, the only thing that matters is the love we left behind."

Return to “What's Eating Gilbert Grape”