WEGG Tidbit #1 - Meet Peter Hedges

by Peter Hedges

Moderator: Liz

deppstergal

Unread postby deppstergal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:56 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Quote:
A Map of The World stars Sigourney Weaver, and Julianne Moore another Benny and Joon connection

Thanks for the info GG. I checked it on Play.com and have hinted to DD & DS that it would make a nice Mother's Day gift, so fingers crossed!

I thought it was quite harrowing, not exactly the sort of thing I'd want for a Mother's Day gift

I suppose in some way it is a harrowing story, but I have read the book several times (a big Jane Hamilton fan) and I would love to see the movie as I am also a big Julianne Moore fan. As for it's suitability as a gift, well my kids are all grown up and it's usually hard for them to think what to get me unless there is anything Johnny related. They'd probably tell you I was a harrowing mother!
'And if that isn't good news enough, Johnny Depp still doesn't want to be in that rubbish-sounding INXS film. Cheers all round!' Stuart Heritage

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:58 am

deppstergal wrote:Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Quote:
A Map of The World stars Sigourney Weaver, and Julianne Moore another Benny and Joon connection

Thanks for the info GG. I checked it on Play.com and have hinted to DD & DS that it would make a nice Mother's Day gift, so fingers crossed!

I thought it was quite harrowing, not exactly the sort of thing I'd want for a Mother's Day gift

I suppose in some way it is a harrowing story, but I have read the book several times (a big Jane Hamilton fan) and I would love to see the movie as I am also a big Julianne Moore fan. As for it's suitability as a gift, well my kids are all grown up and it's usually hard for them to think what to get me unless there is anything Johnny related. They'd probably tell you I was a harrowing mother!

:biglaugh:

If anyone is interested, Pieces of April is a short film, but quite an odd film, not quite what I was expecting from the synopsis.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:51 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
deppstergal wrote:Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Gilbert's Girl wrote:

Quote:

:biglaugh:

If anyone is interested, Pieces of April is a short film, but quite an odd film, not quite what I was expecting from the synopsis.

That was a great movie! I'm feeling the urge to see it again.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Thanks for the great start to WEGG tidbits Liz.

I saw Pieces of April quite awhile ago and really enjoyed it. GG is right. It is a little odd, but an interesting film.
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:59 pm

It always amazes me to see how many of these things connect......actors, writers, books.......

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:23 am

nebraska wrote:It always amazes me to see how many of these things connect......actors, writers, books.......

I've begun to expect it. :-O

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

johnnybloom

Unread postby johnnybloom » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:31 am

I finished this book in two days..thats quick for me, someone who never finds the time to read(working 8 hour days with 2 hour commutes by public trans), but I couldn't put it down. I read it on the bus, on all work breaks....
I didn't know he wrote Pieces of April I loved the movie.
I cant wait to start discussing this book as I found alot of interesting items while reading it. I hope to compare it to the movie..the diffenrences between the two.
I am usually way behind in reading the books here in the ONBC
( for example I just picked up TPAOL and am 30 pages in and still reading Shantaram)
~3~
"Three is a sort of special number for me. It's a very creative number.
Triangle, trinity-you know, how two people make another person.
Three is a MYSTICAL, MAGICAL number."
~~ Johnny Depp~~

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:45 am

I'm looking forward to you joining us, Johnnybloom. We will definitely be comparing the book with the movie.

johnnybloom

Unread postby johnnybloom » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:55 am

Liz wrote:I'm looking forward to you joining us, Johnnybloom. We will definitely be comparing the book with the movie.

Good to know I will be prepared :cool:
The last time I finished a book at the same time as you all it was A Long Way Down and I was all set to discuss it when my old computer blew up...... :bawl:
~3~

~~ Johnny Depp~~

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:00 pm

jb, if you computer blows up this time we at ONBC are going to take it personally! :-O
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

QueenofKings

Unread postby QueenofKings » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:06 pm

I ordered my copy of WEGG today! I should have it next week. :bounce: I'm looking forward to reading the book and the discussion. :cool:
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
~~Walt Disney~~
*** my avatar courtesy of the talented mamabear

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:52 am

And we are looking forward to your being back here with us again, Queen. :bounce:

johnnybloom

Unread postby johnnybloom » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:56 am

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:jb, if you computer blows up this time we at ONBC are going to take it personally! :-O

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If my computer blows up I'll just have to commandeer someone else's :capnjack: computer.....
~3~

~~ Johnny Depp~~

Return to “What's Eating Gilbert Grape”