Happy Days Tidbit #15 ~ Iggy Pop

by Laurent Graff

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:26 pm

Lady Jill wrote:Not into punk rock, I have been intrigued who Iggy Pop is. Now I really know. Thank you for this last tidbit..
Didn't he play in Blow?? A fouth movie with Johnny?

Lady Jill, I haven't seem him credited anywhere in Blow but someone else may know better than I.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:51 pm

Wasn't that him in the scene where they are testing the blow at that bar with the window behind and swimming pool?
Maybe someone else.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:55 pm

Lady Jill wrote:Wasn't that him in the scene where they are testing the blow at that bar with the window behind and swimming pool?
Maybe someone else.

I'm remembering Paul Reubens and Bobcat Goldwaithe in that scene but I could easily be wrong!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:18 pm

Were one of those the guy behind the bar? The one testing the cocaine?

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:55 pm

Lady Jill wrote:Were one of those the guy behind the bar? The one testing the cocaine?

I think they were both behind the bar with George in front? Derek (Reubens) serving it up and Bobcat Goldwaithe and George doing the testing? Hmmm...guess I need to watch the movie again...all in the name of research of course. :grin:

Wow! What a ride!

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:12 am

Iggy definatly wasn't in Blow, although I can how they guy in that scene could be mistaken for him, he looked quite similar :lol:

SweetSam

Unread postby SweetSam » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:58 am

I don't know about Iggy being in Blow (don't think so), but I didn't see any mention on this thread yet about Iggy's contribution to the Arizona Dream soundtrack, especially the opening tune.

:interesting:
Depp: It's true. I don't sing along to music.
Q: "Brown Sugar" comes on …
Depp: I might sing a little harmony. I might air guitar. Drumming. I like to drum.

'ello, Beastie! — CJS, DMC
I wish to be moved. — JD as JW

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:29 am

Btw I've always like Iggy's song The Passenger

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:35 am

SweetSam wrote:I don't know about Iggy being in Blow (don't think so), but I didn't see any mention on this thread yet about Iggy's contribution to the Arizona Dream soundtrack, especially the opening tune.

:interesting:

You're right SweetSam. I didn't list all his soundtrack credits but that is definitely one of them!

Wow! What a ride!

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:13 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:Iggy definatly wasn't in Blow, although I can how they guy in that scene could be mistaken for him, he looked quite similar :lol:

Thanks Gilbert Girl:
Yes, I can really see that that guy does look like Iggy Pop.
Mystery solved.

Return to “Happy Days”