Happy Days Tidbit #10 ~ Jean Ragnotti

by Laurent Graff

Moderator: Liz

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:10 am

Lady Jill wrote: Now its' " Gilbert" that I tear around in. http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k108/ ... ILBERT.jpg

Lady Jill

Great name! :cool: :lol:
“The scariest enemy is from within. Allowing yourself to be limited and conform to what you're expected to conform to.”~JD

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:24 am

I'll second that, Depputante! :cool: :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:19 pm

Thanks!
A soon as the freezing weather goes south, I aim to letter his name on the side of the hood.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Lady Jill wrote:Thanks!
A soon as the freezing weather goes south, I aim to letter his name on the side of the hood.

I hope you will post a revised pic of Gilbert! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Raven wrote:
Lady Jill wrote:Ah racecars! Thanls for all that great info. Many moons ago I had an Austin Healy Sprite - 1960 and LOVED to speed all over LA.

Being that same era, my tastes have slowed down a bit.
Now its' " Gilbert" that I tear around in. http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k108/ ... ILBERT.jpg

Lady Jill

Nice pickup Lady Jill, but whatcha haulin?

Thanks Raven.
"Gilbert" pulls my horse trailer. I own 3 Highland ponies from Scotland and a Quater Horse mare.

Lady Jill

Unread postby Lady Jill » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:25 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

Will do.

P. S. Just figued out how to do this ONBC Board Style and I have to say I like the background colors. Very soothing.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Lady Jill wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

Will do.

:cool:

Wow! What a ride!

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:48 am

I have to say when I read in the book that they were driving a stock car the view I had was not the view as it is supposed to be. Stock car racing and banger racing over here usually invokes pictures in the mind of old wrecked cars racing round a track and bashing into each other. Rally cars on the other hand invoke a whole different picture. High speed turbo charged cars racing round country forested tracks at high speed in mud, rain and snow. So my vision of the car that Antoine drives in the book is the former not the latter which left me rather puzzled :lol:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:33 am

We call those Destruction Derbys over here, GG where drivers go crashing into each other and the last one running wins.

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Happy Days”