Happy Days Tidbit #3 - On a Bench

by Laurent Graff

Moderator: Liz

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:20 pm

Ok, I'm back with two consecutive posts. Couldn't help myself. Please read my previous post first.

After understanding the interview.... I am beginning to think that the author set the scene in a Caucasian/Occidental Seniors home on purpose. ((Edit.... will cut out my question to avoid the future book discussion questions... ))
Shoot me. Mort, you can take me away now...
Last edited by Depputante on Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The scariest enemy is from within. Allowing yourself to be limited and conform to what you're expected to conform to.”~JD

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Depputante, as much as I appreciate your thoughts and ideas here, (all very good :cool:) , I'm going to ask that we not get too far into discussing the novel yet. You have raised many points that we will be covering in our discussion, including some passages from the interviews. I can tell you have been thinking about this book! I cant wait until we get started! :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:28 pm

:baby: Ok. Doing my best to suck it up here. :lol: I simply did not understand the book until I read the interview properly!. Now I get it .... finally.
“The scariest enemy is from within. Allowing yourself to be limited and conform to what you're expected to conform to.”~JD

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:31 pm

Depputante wrote::baby: Ok. Doing my best to suck it up here. :lol: I simply did not understand the book until I read the interview properly!. Now I get it .... finally.

No worries, Depputante! It sounds like you are ready for the discussion! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:41 pm

Holding my breath... :thud: Can you tell this is my first Book Club? :blush: Deppitfully edited my novel based comments. Got a little :giddy: Boo-Radly about it.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:03 pm

Depputante you make me :lol: I love your enthusiasm! :bounce:

Wow! What a ride!

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:00 pm

About park benches..didn't Johnny once give as his address as a park bench :clown: ..I'm not sure,I may have imagined it :capnjack: ..
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:36 am

gilly wrote:About park benches..didn't Johnny once give as his address as a park bench :clown: ..I'm not sure,I may have imagined it :capnjack: ..

gilly, it rings a faint bell but I can't remember the context either. Maybe someone else can?

Wow! What a ride!

Red Shoes

Unread postby Red Shoes » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:56 pm

Wasn't it something about if he ever fell out of the acting thing, he could always go back to doing whatever job. And if someone needed his address it'd be "A movie star. A park bench, Los Angeles". But I have a feeling someone else said part of that,. not Johnny. Some friend who often posts interesting things to him, can't remember the name. :-?

Anyway, thanks for the tidbits Liz! I havent' even read the book yet but I'm fascinated by the character of the author.

I love th eidea of a bench being "on the edge of the world". I do that a lot myself - just sit and watch people go by. It's fascinating.

I'll be reading the book tonight after the kidlets are in bed, I should get through most of it so I'll be much more better at discussion tomorrow and onwards!
"It's good to be different."

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:18 pm

Red Shoes wrote:Wasn't it something about if he ever fell out of the acting thing, he could always go back to doing whatever job. And if someone needed his address it'd be "A movie star. A park bench, Los Angeles". But I have a feeling someone else said part of that,. not Johnny. Some friend who often posts interesting things to him, can't remember the name. :-?

Anyway, thanks for the tidbits Liz! I havent' even read the book yet but I'm fascinated by the character of the author.

I love th eidea of a bench being "on the edge of the world". I do that a lot myself - just sit and watch people go by. It's fascinating.

I'll be reading the book tonight after the kidlets are in bed, I should get through most of it so I'll be much more better at discussion tomorrow and onwards!

I'm looking forward to your joining us, Red Shoes. :bounce:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:15 am

Red Shoes, that sounds very familiar. Welcome to the Happy Days discussion! :wave:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Happy Days”