Sweeney Todd - The Broadway Play - WOW!

by George Dibdin Pitt

Moderator: Liz

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:59 pm

Thanks for all the info everyone~ while investigating at Amazon.com I did find one more version of ST I haven't seen yet, so I ordered a used copy. (I also discovered a Sally Potter movie (of the Man Who Cried fame) so I have put that in my future plans).

The ST tour will come as close to me as Kansas City, which could make a nice weekend trip -- but probably a bit risky in the middle of winter in this part of the country. :freaked: ice, blizzards, all of that stuff.......

The more I learn and see of ST, the more I can hardly contain my excitement to see what Tim and Johnny have done!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:05 pm

HeidiGrant40 wrote:thanks Liz, I saw the original cast, w/ Michael Cerveris and Patti LuPone. Mr Hess was the Sweeney understudy. Keith Butterbaugh is new as Judge Turpin. This national tour has not been around before though, it is new out of San Francisco.

thanks for the review, I hope lots of Zoners get to see it on the tour. :bounce:

Heidi, that is so cool that you got to see the original....on Broadway! :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”