Sweeney Todd Tidbit About Helena

by George Dibdin Pitt

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Sweeney Todd Tidbit About Helena

Unread postby Liz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:34 pm

Just wanted to make sure you all saw this little ST tidbit about Helena from the news board posted by Sandstorm. For the rest of the article see:

http://www.johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=30313

She and Burton have made three films together since Planet of the Apes, but the couple are about to embark on their biggest project yet: Sweeney Todd, in which Bonham Carter will play the demon barber's pie-making associate, Mrs Lovett. She realises it looks like nepotistic casting, but argues she was only allowed to audition because Stephen Sondheim, Sweeney's composer, was involved in the final decision. "There was a time when I didn't even know if Tim wanted me - to the point where I thought, 'Oh f*** it, I've given you a child, can't you just give me the part?'"

Now she's got it, she's worried what will happen when the stress of filming travels home with the couple. "Maybe we'll have to buy another house," she deadpans. There's no talk of marriage yet between them - "I guess we've never felt the need for it" - but they are hoping to have another child. "We've got to get on with it," says Bonham Carter. "To-do list: have sex. At right time." There she is again, that engagingly frank and scrappy person. The kind of person, you find yourself thinking, it would be oddly brilliant to have as your mum.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:24 am

Does this mean that Stephen Sondheim is very much involved in the film?

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:34 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:Does this mean that Stephen Sondheim is very much involved in the film?

It certainly sounds like he has been up front, GG.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”