Sweeney Todd Question #25 ~ Sweeney in Your Town?

by George Dibdin Pitt

Moderator: Liz

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:03 pm

I would love to see it, because I haven't been able to read the play or see the musical yet.Because of all the info and opinions I've read here,I really want to see it.. :bounce:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:31 pm

oh, gee! :blush: when I read the title I thought you were going to ask if there was anyone in my town who reminded me of ST, who is creepy enough, and I had an answer all prepared........ :lol: you meet some VERY unusual people in the veterinary business :mort1: \

Well, enough of that.... to answer the REAL question, I suppose I would go. It would depend on where it was and what the admission cost.....my little town isn't likely to have it but there are several amateur theater groups within a 25 mile radius. I doubt if it would show up in rural nebraska......but I was a little amazed by the content of the last play I attended, so who knows.

Seeing a live performance always adds another dimension, I can't explain it exactly, but live is just different.

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:52 pm

nebraska wrote:oh, gee! :blush: when I read the title I thought you were going to ask if there was anyone in my town who reminded me of ST, who is creepy enough, and I had an answer all prepared........ :lol: you meet some VERY unusual people in the veterinary business :mort1: \

:lol: I thought the very same thing, nebraska - only I didn't have an answer ready! :lol:

I think I probably would go now, knowing that Johnny and Tim are making the movie. But if they weren't, I don't think I'd see it. I do agree with you, nebraska, that seeing a play live on stage does add a great deal to your experiencing of that play.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:45 pm

nebraska and Bix, I don't there aren't any Sweeneys in your town! Especailly you, Bix! :-O
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:18 am

Bix wrote:
nebraska wrote:oh, gee! :blush: when I read the title I thought you were going to ask if there was anyone in my town who reminded me of ST, who is creepy enough, and I had an answer all prepared........ :lol: you meet some VERY unusual people in the veterinary business :mort1: \

:lol: I thought the very same thing, nebraska - only I didn't have an answer ready! :lol:

I think I probably would go now, knowing that Johnny and Tim are making the movie. But if they weren't, I don't think I'd see it. I do agree with you, nebraska, that seeing a play live on stage does add a great deal to your experiencing of that play.

:biglaugh: I'm glad I don't know anyone like that. :freaked:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”