Ninth Gate's Dean Corso picture thread

For more relaxed conversation about Johnny Depp, to share favorite Depp photos & scans, have themed pic parties, or to identify unknown pics
smithyn76

Unread postby smithyn76 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Hey :hello2: Zoners,

Now I'm starting a thread for just one particular character of Johnny. :grin: Hope that is alright with the moderators here. :perplexed:

I recently watched The Ninth Gate again and I started capping pics from the DVD on my PC. I just :flashingheart: love him as the charming but unscrupulous rare book detective Dean Corso. He is an underrated character in my opinion. ;-) There should be lots of stories for him on fanfiction as I like to read about him (I've the original book The Club Dumas and when reading, I always read Dean instead of Lucas Corso, as that suits the character way much better). :-)

Here are three of my caps to get this thread going: :cheers:

Sleeping beauty

A rare smile

A genuine smile for his friend

Please share your input as well as your own pics of Dean. :namaste: Looking forward to those. :grin2:
:zoner: EVOLVE THE FUTURE - Dr. Will Caster, Professor at Berkeley :zoner:

flo116

Unread postby flo116 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:25 pm

This has always been one of my favorites...I use to watch it once a month, I too have The Club Dumas the novel this film is based on. :myheart:
"What interested me was that he has so many faces" "But each one is completely pure & innocent" Francois Marie Banier about Johnny

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Thu May 09, 2019 8:11 pm

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

smithyn76

Unread postby smithyn76 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 am

flo116 wrote:This has always been one of my favorites...I use to watch it once a month, I too have The Club Dumas the novel this film is based on. :myheart:

It is my favourite too. :flashingheart: And I watch it as often as possible. :)

And Chocolat, your pics are nice too. :thankyou: The first shows that he is capable of showing emotion, as he is genuinely shocked, seeing Fargas dead body floating in the fountain water. He looks like he needs a big :hug2:

Now I'll post some more pics. :grin2:

They show something that I had overlooked all the other times, but now due to high definition DVD and caps, I finally registered this.
Maybe you'll know what I'm talking about flo116, as you watch it so often also. ;-)
It is from the scene shortly after Liana had knocked him out cold and he calls his friend Bernie, instead of calling 911, as any sane person would or should, :lol: . As he is bleeding from a wound to his head, probably from the glass bottle that was used as a weapon.

When he visits the book shop later and founds his friend murdered and leans down to him, there is an open wound easily visible on the back of his head (!)

and still he makes the plane trip after a call to Balkan. He should have been in a hospital instead of sitting in a plane to Europe and that with a concussion, which shows as he becomes nauseous while ascending the small spiral staircase.

Truly dumb thing to do in my eyes :facepalm:, bad for ones health.

Maybe you guys have seen, or detected this little tidbit too. Would love :loveshower: to hear, ehm, read your point of view on this.
And of course, keep your pics and more inputs coming too. :myheart: I like a discussion about this movie and character with other enthusiasts. :cloud9:

flo116

Unread postby flo116 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Om I did not notice the wound, time to watch it again...thanks :giddy:
"What interested me was that he has so many faces" "But each one is completely pure & innocent" Francois Marie Banier about Johnny

chic

Unread postby chic » Sun May 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Thank you for this thread and the wonderful pictures!!! :lovedrunk: The Ninth Gate is one of my favorite movies of all times. It helped me to recover from a life-threatening illness by watching it and reading the Club Dumas book...!

Here's an interesting article about the use of Primary Colors in the film:

:redcar:
Just keep breathin'. (JKL)

smithyn76

Unread postby smithyn76 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:35 am

You're welcome flo116. :cheers: ;-)

And chic :hello: , it's so great :ok: to hear that this particular film helped you through your illness as well as the book. :)

Here are two more caps I made. Those will put a smile on your faces :grin:

He truly looks like he is sleeping while he is standing on his feet, lol :biglaugh:

Seems Balkan's question how he is sleeping at night was a legitimate one. ;-)

smithyn76

Unread postby smithyn76 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:01 am

Been a long time since anyone was in here :zzz: , so I just wipe away the dust and post something new. :-)

Guess those beauties can be called a very nice wake up call, :lolsign: Hope you will like them, as much I as do. :cloud9:

Herein Corso shows lots of skin, deeply tanned... :loveshower:

...as well as his nicely toned, muscular chest. :smiliewithhearts:

Hmm, absolutely yummy :eat: :drool:

Poor guy has been completely worn out by this evil Telfer woman, grrr.

Return to “DeppChat & Pic Parties”