Bad Press re Johnny appearing in Fantastic Beasts

For more relaxed conversation about Johnny Depp, to share favorite Depp photos & scans, have themed pic parties, or to identify unknown pics
Lbock

Bad Press re Johnny appearing in Fantastic Beasts

Unread postby Lbock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Johnny’s bad press..hang in there

Not sure what to title this. But carrying forward my last post...

Maybe we do need an outlet. It’s hard to just post positive and ignore what is out there. POTC5 was greatly affected in the US domestic market by the TMG claims of knowing of abuse. The joke that Trump jr used to make news and the video going viral. Poor Johnny.

But we know over all he has lots of supporters still. Dior is a great example. His clip from graham norton show has over 1M views and a mere 250 thumbs down. I am more concerned when his indie films like Richard come out without the big franchise backing ...that will be the true measure

Remember too warner brothers has both justice league and FB, they Should protect both and are obviously aware of the social temperature. The twitterverse is relatively small. The articles will pull the tweets they want to write salacious clickable links. Which in this women rules climate, will be anti JD. But for every 10 bad tweets there are, I believe,100 positive. But that isn’t popular right now.

Somehow turd has an execellent PR team and with her women of the year for GQ Australia snd everyone suddenly picking up her interviews makes me feel like the universe has turned upside down. Who knew she could stage such a comeback. She will mess up sooner or later...her speech made fun of the dogs.

He will always have abuser attached to him. All we can do is pass on all the good he does, his photos, his community endeavors, etc. and hope he stays healthy and strong through all he has to endure right now.

Lbock

Re: Bad Press re Johnny appearing in Fantastic Beasts

Unread postby Lbock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Graham Norton show clip link...https://youtu.be/kVV5Qdt9AOE

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 pm

. Dior link

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 pm

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:47 am

The media is more about showing those few who oppose Johnny's roles instead of showing those tons more who support him but what they are really doing is bringing attention to the film which is not a bad thing.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:04 am

Seeing Johnny being lumped with men who face so many accusations of sexual abuse makes me sick to my stomach. But he's a very, very strong man and thankfully his work hasn't been greatly affected by any of this.

As for his upcoming smaller films like Richard Says Goodbye, I've thought of that too. He's gonna have to go out there and deal with the press and all these so-called "jouranlists" who love trashing him..

Gotta admit the publicity/marketing teams who worked on PotC 5 and MOTOE did a great job.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

tralala

Unread postby tralala » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 am

Sweeney Todd wrote:Seeing Johnny being lumped with men who face so many accusations of sexual abuse makes me sick to my stomach.

This. This angers me SO MUCH.
I'm not normally an ill-wisher, but it makes me wish that Heard would get caught making some MAJOR mistake so it would give people a pause.
I'm just glad that Johnny is so respected by his colleages and that they stand firmly by his side - I haven't seen a single one of his co-stars (or former co-stars) bad-mouthing him, though they could have very well been afraid of being scorned by assciation. This is something I think the anti-Johnny camp doesn't understand: that he's not just liked because he can be charming and handsome, but because he actually makes a connection on personal level with the people he works with, resulting with deeper realtionships that come with a level of trust. I've recently watched a video of Penelope Cruz talking about working with Johnny again and you can hear that she's not faking her affection.

denise

Unread postby denise » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 am

The press is negative about everything and everyone today. Social psychologists should look at this.
denise

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:11 am

In my opinion, the Australian GQ article is a joke (and filled with lies) as is her ridiculous title and shouldn't be taken seriously. It all smells of a purchased PR spin to deflect any negative controversy (London Field lawsuit, lack of distributing her settlement to charity) away from AH. I don't believe it was a coincidence, either, that the press covered the possible reconciliation between her and Elon Musk with the recent series of pics. It's all PR to promote her.
I think it was mentioned here that whenever Johnny has personal publicity, be it promoting a film or his sale of the last condo in the Eastern building for example, AH will step on him with some drivel about herself. She has to stay relevant and will do it most effectively by using her abuse card because there is no way she will be recognized for her silly movie career.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:11 am

How is she even allowed to publicly speak about it when she signed a NDA? She even mentioned his name in one of her recent interviews.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am

I am not sure the general public takes all this as seriously as we do.

Jackslady

Unread postby Jackslady » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 am

I’ve just read her recent interview in Allure magazine - what a load of fawning drivel. She comes across as a pretentious attention seeker. It will be a happy day for me when she’s had her five minutes of fame.

Actually I have seen a lot of support for Johnny online. It’s interesting how the media chooses to ignore the fact that she herself was accused of abuse a few years ago.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Jackslady

Unread postby Jackslady » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am

nebraska wrote:I am not sure the general public takes all this as seriously as we do.

I think you’re right. With everything that’s going on in the world right now hopefully a lot of people pay it no attention and don’t judge Johnny purely on what she says.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:44 am

nebraska wrote:I am not sure the general public takes all this as seriously as we do.

Exactly. If you want to go looking for bad press you will find it most people don't.

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread postby sleepy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Sweeney Todd wrote:How is she even allowed to publicly speak about it when she signed a NDA? She even mentioned his name in one of her recent interviews.

What did she say, pertaining to Johnny?
Funny ol' world, innit?

Return to “DeppChat & Pic Parties”