Did Amber Heard ever donate to charity?

For more relaxed conversation about Johnny Depp, to share favorite Depp photos & scans, have themed pic parties, or to identify unknown pics
Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Now it's time to (publicly) donate millions of her own money!
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Judymac

Unread postby Judymac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Sweeney Todd wrote:Now it's time to (publicly) donate millions of her own money!

I agree. It sounds like she donated some of the money from her divorce settlement and she is using the donations to generate publicity. Aquaman is not going to be released until December 2018. She got attention from being Johnny's wife/ex wife. Now she is a nobody who has to get attention any way she can. In case it is not obvious I do not like Amber Heard and I never liked Amber Heard. I always thought she was playing him for a fool.

humiliatedgrape

Unread postby humiliatedgrape » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Looked this up and this reads on their donor list. Note what I bolded and italicized.

“This Honor Roll recognizes donors for contributions of $1,000 or more, as well as the full value of any active pledge commitments made in prior fiscal years.

I feel this still proves nothing. But I’m sure AH could gloat over this. To me...the question still stands. Did she donate the money?

Source link: https://www.chla.org/sites/default/file ... r-Roll.pdf
I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.

5/7/2011☆6/22/2013

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:55 am

If you take that link, and look at the second page down - also called page 21 - Amber Heard's name is on the list of those, who have given among one to almost five millions. She is in the third column from the right at the very bottom :biggrin: So she must have donated more than a million. But it doesn't say, if she has donated all the three and a half million, she promised ...

Neither of that though make me believe her accusations against Johnny!
Some (gossip mags) has claimed, that AH is pretty image conscious. And it would of course not give her a good image in the public, if she didn't follow through on her very public statement on not keeping one cent of the seven millions from the divorce for herself. But while that might prove, that she's not a gold digger - or doesn't want to be seen as one - it still doesn't prove, that she was abused by our boy!

Our man, I mean :)

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:33 am

:agreesign: meeps. Also, technically, it's Johnny's money that she donated to charity. She didn't earn it.
If she wants to prove something, I'd like to see her donate her salary from one of her movies to an important cause, like Johnny did for Heath Ledger's daughter.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 pm

When she filed the lawsuit against Doug Stanhope she promised that the money she wins would go to a women's shelter for domestic violence victims in Arizona. She dropped that lawsuit and therefore that shelter never got any money. I guess that puts her off the hook even though she bought a house where here friend Raquel lives with her and spends thousands of dollars on handbags.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:31 pm

The trailer for Aquaman must be coming soon, and she is clearly working on improving her image. I would be glad if everything she did stopped being linked to Johnny.

I also think that if it is turns out she does give the money - Johnny's fans should not engage in nasty comments, I'd rather charities had it than her. Remember how gracious he was when he initially sent money directly to the charities and made a very positive statement saying he was glad to honour her promise? Of course she immediately was petty minded and selfish. But he isn't.

I'd so love to focus on all his positives and not on her. I know the press will forever drag it up but it is so tiresome. And her giving away money proves nothing - it is so obvious that she made the gesture as an emergency PR exercise after coming out of the divorce with a very poor image.

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Yeah, calling her out online does us & him no favors. It only gets her the attention she's desperate for. If he himself appears to have let it go and moved on a long time ago, I don't know why we aren't. She and the media are both horrible, but we can't do anything about it.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

tralala

Unread postby tralala » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:21 pm

You guys are all golden. I've seen the comment section under the news about the donation and it was full of nastiness. While I don't trust Amber, I certainly wish the news to be true. I don't want it to come across as if Johnny's fans were upset about her coming through. That's what we wanted from the beginning, isn't it? That's what Johnny wanted, and what he tried to achieve by donating himself.

Jabu

Unread postby Jabu » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:25 pm

The honor roll acknowledged both donations as well as active pledges so this is still not confirmation. Even if she does donate, it still doesn't erase her initial financial demands. It's also important to remember that at the time she pledged to donate she had just dropped the RO case and lost face, so she was just hoping her career would take off with the publicity stunt. Elon Musk was already in the picture too.

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm

So I checked to see if any mainstream tv carried info on her charity. I found this link. In the video (I had to wait awhile after the commercial) she appears to confirm that she gave huge donation to Children’s Hospital and ACLU

“Given incredible donations to LA Children’s Hospital and ACLU” she nods her head and says yes.

The question seems carefully worded. I would have thought she would ask something about donating your entire settlement. But again, the use of the word settlement may have been against the confidentiality agreement, I don't know.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed May 09, 2018 12:46 am

Thanks a billion for that link :airkiss2:
I read somewhere quite a long time ago, that Ms Heard is seen as very image conscious. And maybe even she could see, that NOT following through on her very public promise would be bad for her image as an abused angel.
But what is an incredible amount?
My nasty side says: any amount really, because I didn't expect her to donate anything once the hoopla had died down. But that comes from, as I said, my nasty side :biggrin:

Return to “DeppChat & Pic Parties”