Good Omens quoted in the Guardian

by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Moderator: Liz

neophyte

Good Omens quoted in the Guardian

Unread postby neophyte » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:09 pm

The past couple of weeks I've been in the throes of getting my youngest ready for college, dropping her off, and now suffering the twinges of an empty nest (and recovering from the madness that was the summer, lol!)...so, I'm only just catching up on the GO threads now.

Thought this was funny though...an article on Milton Keynes - opened with a quote from GO (via Gaiman's blog).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... 20,00.html
"There is no King, who, with sufficient force, is not always ready to make himself absolute."
---Thomas Jefferson

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Re: GO quoted in the Guardian

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:17 pm

neophyte wrote:The past couple of weeks I've been in the throes of getting my youngest ready for college, dropping her off, and now suffering the twinges of an empty nest (and recovering from the madness that was the summer, lol!)...so, I'm only just catching up on the GO threads now.

Thought this was funny though...an article on Milton Keynes - opened with a quote from GO (via Gaiman's blog).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... 20,00.html

I just love coming across those little connections! Thanks, neophyte and good luck with that empty nest thing. It's sort of a double edged sword! :bawl: :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:38 pm

That was an interesting read. It appears it is basically a success, as A & C agreed upon. Thanks for passing that along, Neophyte. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Neophyte, you have my sympathy about the empty nest. My only child went off to college last weekend.:tear: I'm happy for her and she's doing well already, but I miss her dreadfully.

If I get to England again, I will have to visit MK, because it is the large town nearest to the village of Olney for which my town was named. Every once in a while, I will try to Google something here and will accidentally end up on a page for the original Olney. (Both have a Chinese restaurant named Shanghai, for example--how odd is that?!)

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:07 pm

This empty nest things seems to be going around. I have at least 3 friends in the same predicament. My sympathies to all of you.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:12 pm

Liz wrote:This empty nest things seems to be going around. I have at least 3 friends in the same predicament. My sympathies to all of you.
Thanks, Liz.
Need I mention that I went nearly a week without reading my email because of the chaos as my daughter left, but I checked the Zone about every other day? :blush:

Return to “Good Omens”