Good Omens Question #21 ~ Forbidden Fruit

by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:56 pm

fansmom wrote:
Liz wrote:Thanks, Fansmom. Cute poem!

These TZ moments seem to happen to you quite frequently. It must be part of that Ineffable Plan, as it relates to you and those with whom you come in contact.
:-O
Or do I just tell about the TZ moments, while everyone else has them and just doesn't feel compelled to announce them? :lol:

Could be. I have my share of TZ moments also. :-O What I want to know is: did you accidentally come upon that Yeats poem?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:43 pm

Liz wrote: What I want to know is: did you accidentally come upon that Yeats poem?
Nope. I knew the "slouching towards" bit at the end of GO related to a poem about the second coming and googled it to find the rest.

BTW, I don't relate all my JDOCD moments, just the more Twilight Zone ones. There was a Sunday a couple of weeks ago in which the Washington Post referenced Johnny, Neil Gaiman, and Terry Pratchett in three separate articles, and I didn't need to tell everyone about that (until now). (The Johnny reference was related to airline security--that mascara was being confiscated from women and from men who wanted to look like Johnny Depp. Silly and gratuitous, since it's eyeliner, not mascara.)

Raven

Unread postby Raven » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:21 pm

fansmom wrote:
Liz wrote: What I want to know is: did you accidentally come upon that Yeats poem?
Nope. I knew the "slouching towards" bit at the end of GO related to a poem about the second coming and googled it to find the rest.

BTW, I don't relate all my JDOCD moments, just the more Twilight Zone ones. There was a Sunday a couple of weeks ago in which the Washington Post referenced Johnny, Neil Gaiman, and Terry Pratchett in three separate articles, and I didn't need to tell everyone about that (until now). (The Johnny reference was related to airline security--that mascara was being confiscated from women and from men who wanted to look like Johnny Depp. Silly and gratuitous, since it's eyeliner, not mascara.)

sorry fansmom, but Jack has a ton of mascara on in DMC, you can see it really well when he is close to Liz.....can't tell you what Liz is even wearing...

Just lookin at Capt Jack! :biglaugh:
"In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid
and the envious."
John Wilmot, the 2nd Earl of Rochester in The Libertine by Stephen Jeffreys

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:11 pm

Raven wrote:
fansmom wrote:

sorry fansmom, but Jack has a ton of mascara on in DMC, you can see it really well when he is close to Liz.....can't tell you what Liz is even wearing...

Just lookin at Capt Jack! :biglaugh:

What the heck? :lol: Well, it's both eyeliner and mascara. But sorry, guys, you don't stand a chance. :grin: But Fansmom, I think you have right antennae for these articles.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:45 pm

Thanks for the correction, Raven! Maybe it's the forgetting-to-breathe that causes my eyesight to lose focus when CJS is on the screen! :thud: :blush: Maybe I need to go see it a fifth time . . .

Return to “Good Omens”