Good Omens Question #13 - Favorite Passages

by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Moderator: Liz

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:33 am

One of the things that made me laugh wasn't even in the story. It's in the description of the characters.

Crowley (An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards)

With that intro into Crowley I knew the book was going to be a fun ride. It described his 'tude' perfectly.
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:32 am

Agreed, gypsylee! As soon as I read that I knew Crowley was going to be one fun demon and I would be laughing my way through the book. A lot of my favorite passages I have turned into questions but I have to say I laughed out loud in so many places in this book! I also kept bugging my son to read it and he finally started it, just to make me be quiet I think, and he couldn't put it down either! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Good Omens”