Good Omens Question #11 - Movie Hopes

by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Good Omens Question #11 - Movie Hopes

Unread postby Liz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:24 am

What lines would you love to hear Johnny recite as Crowley?

If this movie gets made, what scenes are you looking forward to the most?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:42 am

Well, I really enjoyed reading this book picturing Johnny (looking like Agent Sands) saying Crowley's lines. I'll have to go back through the book to look for specifics, but I enjoyed the conversations between Aziraphale and Crowley throughout the story, they really did seem like old 'friends'.

As for scenes, well the whole paintball scene at the former hospital, for one. Also, when Crowley confronted the other demons, Hastur and Ligur. Another great visual is picturing Crowley driving a flaming Bentley.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:08 am

Definitely the scenes between Crowley and Azipharale, like the one where they are dinking the wine. The hospital scene with the baby switching I think could be quite funny, also the "Bikers of the Repocalypse", and KYwoman, I'm with you all the way on the flaming Bentley!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:15 am

KYwoman wrote:Well, I really enjoyed reading this book picturing Johnny (looking like Agent Sands) saying Crowley's lines.

Lord, I hadn't thought of that! Crowley is a strange kind of English Agent Sands, isn't he. Excellent thought, KYw!
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

luvdepp

Unread postby luvdepp » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:02 pm

Any scene between Azi and Crowley should be great. I'd love to see the flaming Bentley also. Especially the scene where he's asking directions from the guy with the dog. That was pretty funny. And when he gets to the power plant and he gets out of the car:

The driver's door opened, and a cloud of choking fumes got out. Then Crowley followed it.
He waved the smoke away from his face, blinked, and then turned the gesture into a friendly wave.
"Hi," he said. "How's it going? Has the world ended yet?"

I can so easily picture Johnny there!
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself, who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed." ~HST~

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:15 pm

luvdepp wrote:Any scene between Azi and Crowley should be great. I'd love to see the flaming Bentley also. Especially the scene where he's asking directions from the guy with the dog. That was pretty funny. And when he gets to the power plant and he gets out of the car:

The driver's door opened, and a cloud of choking fumes got out. Then Crowley followed it.
He waved the smoke away from his face, blinked, and then turned the gesture into a friendly wave.

So Johnny in that one! :applause:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

KYwoman

Unread postby KYwoman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:57 pm

luvdepp wrote:Any scene between Azi and Crowley should be great. I'd love to see the flaming Bentley also. Especially the scene where he's asking directions from the guy with the dog. That was pretty funny. And when he gets to the power plant and he gets out of the car:

That's a riot! That scene where Crowley is in the car on fire getting directions is too much and Johnny would be perfect at it.

KYwoman

Unread postby KYwoman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:04 pm

Endora wrote:
KYwoman wrote:Well, I really enjoyed reading this book picturing Johnny (looking like Agent Sands) saying Crowley's lines.

Lord, I hadn't thought of that! Crowley is a strange kind of English Agent Sands, isn't he. Excellent thought, KYw!

Thanks, I had a hard time thinking of anything else but Crowley looking like Sands. That longish dark hair, sunglasses, blowing smoke out his nose, that smarmy grin. I know if Johnny were ever to do the role, he wouldn't want to repeat himself, but to me it works.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:41 pm

I’m looking forward to the scene where he hits Anathema. The whole discourse between A and C is a crack up. I can see both Johnny and Robin in this scene. I left a few parts out here.

THE BENTLEY’S ENGINE went pink, pink as it cooled. Crowley’s temper, on the other hand, was heating up.
“You said you saw it signposted,” he said.
“Well, we flashed by so quickly. Anyway, I thought you’d been here before.”
“Eleven years ago!”
Crowley hurled the map onto the back seat and started the engine again.
“Perhaps we should ask someone,” said Aziraphale.
“Oh, yes,” said Crowley. “We’ll stop and ask the first person we see walking along a—a track in the middle of the night, shall we?” ………….
“Slow down a moment.”
The Bentley slowed down again.
“Odd,” muttered the angel, “I keep getting these flashes of, of…”
He raised his hands to his temples.
“What? What?” said Crowley.
Aziraphale stared at him.
“Love,” he said. “Someone really loves this place.”
“Pardon?”
(can’t you just hear Sands saying that?)
“There seems to be this great sense of love. I can’t put it any better than that. Especially not to you.” :lol: ………
“You’ve hit someone,” he said.
“No I haven’t,” said Crowley. “someone’s hit me.” ……
Crowley glared at a long metallic streak on the Bentley’s glossy paintwork and a dimple in the bumper. The dimple popped back into shape. The paint healed…..
“You didn’t have any lights,” she began.
“Nor did you,” said Crowley guiltily. “Fair’s fair.”…….
“Well, since that’s all sorted out,” said Crowley, “perhaps it’d be best if we just all got on our, er. Er. You wouldn’t happen to know the way to Lower Tadfield, would you?”

Charlene

Unread postby Charlene » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:10 pm

The bar scene for sure...but I think he would be a riot sorting through his tapes in the Bentleu looking for ONE that didn't play that same refrain...(and I wonder what song Johnny would pick)...I'm sure he would have some priceless one liners.

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:15 pm

I want to see Johnny driving the Bentley any time at all, and I want to see the holy water scene. The nervous fiddling with the bottle, and placing it over the door would be sooo good.

I see Crowley as more elegant and eruidite than Sands. More Mission Impossible than OUTIM.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:07 pm

Charelene, I think Johnny would have great time ad libbing in some of these scenes and I think that would be a prefect spot for him to add in a little music of his own choosing. :grin:

stroch, I can definitely see Sands in Crowley but I think he would be less flustered and more in control overall. The look works for me though.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:09 pm

stroch wrote:I want to see Johnny driving the Bentley any time at all, and I want to see the holy water scene. The nervous fiddling with the bottle, and placing it over the door would be sooo good.

I see Crowley as more elegant and eruidite than Sands. More Mission Impossible than OUTIM.

Oh yes! Forgot about that scene. :cool:

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:41 pm

How about a little Crowely by way of Captain Jack. Where's the rum gone, mate?

The table in front of the two of them was covered with wine bottles.

“The point is,” said Crowley, “the point is. The point is.” He tried to focus on Aziraphale.

“The point I’m trying to make,” he said brightening, “is the dolphins. That’s my point.”

“Kind of fish,” said Aziraphale.

“Noooooo,” said Crowely, shaking a finger. “S mammal. Your actual mammal.”

“Difference is”— Crowely waded through the swamp of his mind and tired to remember the difference. “Difference is, they”—

“Mate out of water?” volunteered Aziraphale.

Crowley’s brow furrowed. “Don’t think so. Pretty sure that’s not it. Something about their young. Whatever.” He pulled himself together. “The point is. Their brains.”

He reached for a bottle.
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."
—Johnny Depp

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm

:biglaugh: db, I could definitely hear and see a certain pirate delivering those lines! :cool:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Good Omens”