Good Omens Question #7 ~ Bikers of the Repocalypse

by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Moderator: Liz

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:16 pm

Charlene wrote:In keeping with my mantra of CRS (Can't Remember S***) and my inability to keep up with my house/work/family, I think I'll name myself....(OK, I know we are supposed to be naming things we don't like about other/the world in general...but, I'd rather rag on myself)

......One DVD Short of a Criterion Collection.....
......(in case you don't get that, you know that saying when people aren't all there...that they are "One french fry short of a happy meal?", well, it's like that)....

or...If I only Had Another Day, I Could Get it Done (Get R Done)[/i]

I use "One Taco Short of a Combination Plate"

But bagging on self not allowed..........you are a busy busy lady.

"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:20 pm

How about:

People sticking finger on end of hose with out first checking for bees.

Okay, well, you'd have to have been there.........

Last edited by Gypsylee on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:43 pm

Hmm, I'll try one --

Automated Telephone Customer Service That Gives You Fifty Options To Choose From But Not One Of Them Is The Option To Speak To A Human Being.

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:52 pm

Thought of another one:

Automated telephone service telling you to select #2 for English in English speaking Country
formerly known as People who stick finger on end of hose without first checking for bees.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:14 am

Theresa wrote:Automated Telephone Customer Service That Gives You Fifty Options To Choose From But Not One Of Them Is The Option To Speak To A Human Being.

:banghead: :grr:

Gypsylee wrote:Thought of another one:

Automated telephone service telling you to select #2 for English in English speaking Country
formerly known as People who stick finger on end of hose without first checking for bees.

:rotflmao:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:33 am

:lol: You guys are cracking me up here. After this morning I have decided to change mine to:

ALARM CLOCKS

(formerly knowns as Kids Who Move Home After You Put Them Through Four (or Five) Years of College)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Raven

Unread postby Raven » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:52 am

For today my name would be

Grump old men

but it could change in a few hours LOL!! :-?
"In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid
and the envious."
John Wilmot, the 2nd Earl of Rochester in The Libertine by Stephen Jeffreys

QueenofKings

Unread postby QueenofKings » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:01 pm

Mine is going to be Editors Who Miss Errors In Three Rounds.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
~~Walt Disney~~
*** my avatar courtesy of the talented mamabear

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:20 pm

Regarding cell phones--my daughter and I went to a Renaissance festival yesterday and were aghast at the number of fully-costumed performers who had those bizarre Bluetooth earpieces. But I am not changing my name to "Bluetooth earpieces make me wonder if you're talking on the phone or just talking-to-yourself-crazy." :chill:

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:04 pm

fansmom wrote:Regarding cell phones--my daughter and I went to a Renaissance festival yesterday and were aghast at the number of fully-costumed performers who had those bizarre Bluetooth earpieces. But I am not changing my name to "Bluetooth earpieces make me wonder if you're talking on the phone or just talking-to-yourself-crazy." :chill:

HA! I can't tell you how many times I have started responding to these people only to have them wave me off.........

suec

Unread postby suec » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:25 pm

On a telephone theme, mine would be: automated intrusive phone call at the most inconvenient time imaginable that begins 'You are listening to a recorded message from...'. I never know who it is from. By then I have slammed the phone down.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:25 pm

suec, I suppose the opposite of that for telephone solictors would be People Who Slam Phones Down Before Hearing The Sales Pitch? :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

suec

Unread postby suec » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:13 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:suec, I suppose the opposite of that for telephone solictors would be People Who Slam Phones Down Before Hearing The Sales Pitch? :lol:

:lol: Well, I'm glad I get to pass on some of that irritation... Crowley would be proud of me... but I do blush when I think of Johnny doing that job once. :blush:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:20 pm

suec wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:suec, I suppose the opposite of that for telephone solictors would be People Who Slam Phones Down Before Hearing The Sales Pitch? :lol:

:lol: Well, I'm glad I get to pass on some of that irritation... Crowley would be proud of me... but I do blush when I think of Johnny doing that job once. :blush:

They definitely deserve it! :cool:

Wow! What a ride!

stroch

Unread postby stroch » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:07 pm

Sorry to be late on this but I really, really want to be

Asurdly Expensive Computers That Cannot Operate Properly One Single Minute Past Their Warranty Expiration

Not that I'm bitter.
I'll buy you the hat....a really big one.
St. Roch -- patron saint of pilgrims

Return to “Good Omens”