Good Omens Question #7 ~ Bikers of the Repocalypse

by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Good Omens Question #7 ~ Bikers of the Repocalypse

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:10 am

Pg. 256-259 (paperback) 259-262 (hardback). The four mortal bikers have joined up with the Four “Bikers” of the Apocalyspe, War, Famine, Pollution and Death, and they are discussing what their new names should be. They come up with choices like “Grievous Bodily Harm”, “Embarrassing Personal Problems”, “Cruelty to Animals’ and "Things Not Working Properly Even After You’ve Given Them A Good Thumping”. Here is your chance...pick your Biker of the Repocalypse name! Have fun! :motorcycle:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:50 am

OK, I'll start.....

In the spirit of Johnny Wilmot, my name is:

Always Going Too Far
:libertine:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:00 pm

The Earl would be proud... :libertine: :cool:

My first thought was... Kids Who Move Home After You Put Them Through Four (or Five) Years of College
(but I reserve the right to change...) ;-)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:38 pm

Good ones! :lol:

I think mine has to be People Talking Loudly On Cell Phones Pretty Much Anywhere In Public But Especially In Restaurants.

Vvvrrrooommm vvrroommmm. . .Let's ride! :motorcycle:
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:46 pm

Bix wrote:Good ones! :lol:

I think mine has to be People Talking Loudly On Cell Phones Pretty Much Anywhere In Public But Especially In Restaurants.

:lol: Bix, my other choice was similar. It was...

People Talking On Cell Phones Pretty Much Anywhere But Especially While Driving Down The Highway At 20 Miles Under The Speed Limit And Swerving Into The Other Lane.

zoom... :motorcycle:

Wow! What a ride!

Betty Sue

Unread postby Betty Sue » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:09 pm

On a serious note (errr, I guess you guys were serious, too! :blush: ), Preachers Who Don't Believe in God and Teachers Who Don't Believe in Kids. :mad:
"I never wanted to be remembered for being a star."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:18 pm

Betty Sue wrote:On a serious note (errr, I guess you guys were serious, too! :blush: ), Preachers Who Don't Believe in God and Teachers Who Don't Believe in Kids. :mad:

Betty Sue, both worthy names. :grr:

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:50 pm

Good ones, so far, Noodlemantras!

I have changed my name. It is now:

Little League Coaches Who are Obsessed with Winning :grr:

So I am now Little League Coaches Who are Obsessed with Winning, Formerly Known as Always Going Too Far.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:33 pm

I think I could well turn into Journalists Who Do Not Reseach Their Facts Properly
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:17 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

People Talking On Cell Phones Pretty Much Anywhere But Especially While Driving Down The Highway At 20 Miles Under The Speed Limit And Swerving Into The Other Lane.

Make that People Talking on Cell Phones When Walking Into A Place of Business and Being Annoyed Because They Need to Interrupt Their Phone Conversation to Conduct Said Business :censored: I see it every day where I work........cel phones have created such a rude society!!!!!! Two of the veterinarians I work for even let their own personal cel phones ring loudly during appointments :-O (and one of them had the nerve to scold me about poor customer service because I don't like to over-book appointments!) :censored: :-? :censored: Can you tell the whole cel phone society annoys the dickens out of me????? Crowley at work for sure!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:35 pm

nebraska wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

Make that People Talking on Cell Phones When Walking Into A Place of Business and Being Annoyed Because They Need to Interrupt Their Phone Conversation to Conduct Said Business :censored: I see it every day where I work........cel phones have created such a rude society!!!!!! Two of the veterinarians I work for even let their own personal cel phones ring loudly during appointments :-O (and one of them had the nerve to scold me about poor customer service because I don't like to over-book appointments!) :censored: :-? :censored: Can you tell the whole cel phone society annoys the dickens out of me????? Crowley at work for sure!

Poor customer service????? :perplexed:

Endora wrote:Journalists Who Do Not Reseach Their Facts Properly

That's certainly apropos!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:58 pm

Good one, Endora! :cool:

Wow! What a ride!

Charlene

Unread postby Charlene » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:37 pm

In keeping with my mantra of CRS (Can't Remember S***) and my inability to keep up with my house/work/family, I think I'll name myself....(OK, I know we are supposed to be naming things we don't like about other/the world in general...but, I'd rather rag on myself)

......One DVD Short of a Criterion Collection.....
......(in case you don't get that, you know that saying when people aren't all there...that they are "One french fry short of a happy meal?", well, it's like that)....

or

...If I only Had Another Day, I Could Get it Done (Get R Done)[/i]

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:36 pm

Charlene wrote:In keeping with my mantra of CRS (Can't Remember S***) and my inability to keep up with my house/work/family, I think I'll name myself....(OK, I know we are supposed to be naming things we don't like about other/the world in general...but, I'd rather rag on myself)

......(in case you don't get that, you know that saying when people aren't all there...that they are "One french fry short of a happy meal?", well, it's like that)....

or

:biglaugh:

My first name was a rag on myself, Charlene. I think either works, and yours are pretty funny, but I think we should be easier on ourselves. I think a new name for me should be:

Be Easier on Self Because Life is Short

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:41 pm

Liz wrote:
Charlene wrote:In keeping with my mantra of CRS (Can't Remember S***) and my inability to keep up with my house/work/family, I think I'll name myself....(OK, I know we are supposed to be naming things we don't like about other/the world in general...but, I'd rather rag on myself)

or

:biglaugh:

My first name was a rag on myself, Charlene. I think either works, and yours are pretty funny, but I think we should be easier on ourselves. I think a new name for me should be:

Be Easier on Self Because Life is Short

I second that Liz!!! Charlene your priceless!

Im still thinking on this :-?
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Return to “Good Omens”