The Ginger Man Question #12 ~ The Film

by J.P. Donleavy

Moderator: Liz

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:54 pm

That's right,Liz..Donleavy said he was the only man in Ireland with a beard..and he used to deliberately have it...It provoked lots of fights and he was known as being a tough and strong street-fighter...
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:03 am

gilly wrote:That's right,Liz..Donleavy said he was the only man in Ireland with a beard..and he used to deliberately have it...It provoked lots of fights and he was known as being a tough and strong street-fighter...

wasn't that something to do with mistrusting people with beards. I know you were not allowed them in the Policeforce for many years but I am not sure if that was the reason.
I find it hard to believe he was the only man in Ireland with a beard though :lol:

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:36 am

Not sure I believe that either,GG..But that's what he said..Weren't leprechauns always portrayed as having beards :capnjack: :perplexed:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:24 am

gilly wrote:Not sure I believe that either,GG..But that's what he said..Weren't leprechauns always portrayed as having beards :capnjack: :perplexed:

Yes, they are.I had a leprechaun it was a little plastic fellow, I used to turn it round to face the other way, I was scared of it, I always felt it was an evil little thing and was watching me, had a really mean face :lol:

Return to “The Ginger Man”