Inamorata Question #13 - Style

by Joseph Gangemi

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Inamorata Question #13 - Style

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:17 am

What is your opinion of Gangemi’s style of writing?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:02 am

I thought it was a very easy style, very easy to read and get involved in the story very quickly.

SamIam

Unread postby SamIam » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:51 pm

Right on GG, The story flowed together nicely. I like that in a book because then you can understand the plot and underlying motives of the characters much better. Good book. :cool:
Ambition without inspiration is like a boat on dry land.

the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -Eleanor Roosevelt

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:20 pm

I liked the author's style. I enjoyed the book, even though I usually want loose ends tidied up more than they were in Inamorata.

Having said that, I'll have to say that there were two aspects to it that made me aware that it was Gangemi's first novel and that he's more familiar with screenplays. A movie needs a sense of time and place, and we have that in abundance; and a movie doesn't need a complete backstory for every character, so he didn't bother fleshing out the minor characters, like the other men on the panel.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:30 pm

I like how you explained the screenplay style, Fansmom, as I don't think I have ever really given it much thought. And I have to agree with you, that it fits into that format quite well. I enjoyed his style of writing. I think the story flowed well, was easy to read, kept me interested and made me question. I found it to be an enjoyable read. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Betty Sue

Unread postby Betty Sue » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:35 pm

Between the strange goings on with the threesome of Finch and the Crawleys and the mystery of how the investigation would turn out, Gangemi certainly kept this reader turning the pages. Like fansmom, " I usually want loose ends tidied up more than they were in Inamorata. " However, some of them I just tidied up myself to my own satisfaction. Can't help wondering what, if anything, he wanted us to believe, though. Maybe he wanted to be as mysterious as his subject...
"I never wanted to be remembered for being a star."

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:37 pm

fansmom wrote:I liked the author's style. I enjoyed the book, even though I usually want loose ends tidied up more than they were in Inamorata.

Having said that, I'll have to say that there were two aspects to it that made me aware that it was Gangemi's first novel and that he's more familiar with screenplays. A movie needs a sense of time and place, and we have that in abundance; and a movie doesn't need a complete backstory for every character, so he didn't bother fleshing out the minor characters, like the other men on the panel.

I agree with you fansmom.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Interesting comment about the screenplay, he certainly gave us a sense of place and time. I enjoyed the book and there was enough suspense and questions to keep me reading to see what would happen next. He kept me interested in the characters too. I enjoy historical novels so I liked that aspect of it too. I'd give it a :thumbsup:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:42 am

I liked the way Gangemi wrote this. It had a nice flow to it, and I liked the way he put us in the story with his descriptions of time and place. Very enjoyable book.

Return to “Inamorata”