Inamorata Question #11B ~ Casting...Johnny!

by Joseph Gangemi

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Inamorata Question #11B ~ Casting...Johnny!

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:20 pm

If Johnny were available to play a role in Inamorata, which character would you like to see him play?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:40 pm

When I first started reading Inamorata, I assumed Johnny would be cast as Finch....but now, I'm not so sure.
I had what I thought was an "off the wall" idea of casting him as Walter....then I read on the other thread that the :idea: of JD as Walter was not as unique as i'd thought . :highfive:

bluebird
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:10 pm

bluebird, I admit I saw him as Walter all along - "The Voice" He could pop in and do a voiceover, as was suggested on the other thread, and not have to spend so much time away from other projects since he is so busy right now. I do think he could portray a very subtly, creepy Arthur though! :-O
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:12 am

I have to be honest and say that I would not like to see Johnny in this at all. I don't think that any of the roles are good enough for Johnny.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:14 am

Oh, but consider this, Larkwoodgirl. When Finch first meets Walter on p116 he says - "It was the voice of the mysterious "Walter," and the instant I heard it, he seemed to step fully formed out of a rotogravure photo and onto the proscenium of my imagination, wearing a bemused expression and a rumpled tuxedo." And at that instant I just pictured Johnny in one of his rumpled tuxedos, with his perpetual bemused expression and I had my Walter. And then in the next chapter we get "He was handsome, with deep, expressive eyes that looked as if they had been rimmed in kohl, ( :captainjack:??? ) and the sensuous mouth of a matinee idol." So we have a beautiful, cynical, ironical, sensuous spirit who is fiercely protective of his sister - and I think that is something Johnny would relish doing.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:02 am

Bix wrote:"He was handsome, with deep, expressive eyes that looked as if they had been rimmed in kohl, ( :captainjack:??? ) and the sensuous mouth of a matinee idol."

I about fell off my seat when I read that. I knew then that the part was perfect for him. :thud:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

SweetSam

Unread postby SweetSam » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:05 am

I know what you mean, Liz. I thought so too, the first time I read it :ohyes: ...sounded to me like the part was made for Johnny! Maybe he will actually be in it! If he is, it seems that Walter would be the part he would definitely be most interested in (even if it wasn't for that description). Also, it's not as big a part as some of the others in the story ...maybe he'd be able to make the time! :hope: :interesting:

SamIam

Unread postby SamIam » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:53 pm

I don't know if I could see Johnny playing a role in this movie if they made one. I don't think the parts are challenging enough for him.
Ambition without inspiration is like a boat on dry land.

the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -Eleanor Roosevelt

suec

Unread postby suec » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:21 pm

I must admit that I thought of Walter as being played by Johnny immediately. But I agree that it wouldn't be a stretch for him
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:08 pm

Walter also, but possibly Stanlow I think someone suggested that before.I suppose there is the remote possibility he could play Crawley.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:16 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:Walter also, but possibly Stanlow I think someone suggested that before.I suppose there is the remote possibility he could play Crawley.

I think Stanlowe is a great idea. I think he would play him well, and it would be a small part for him that he could squeeze in between the more time consuming projects.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:12 pm

Walter is my first choice and I think he could do a pretty creepy Arthur, Stanlowe would be interesting too! Heck any of 'em! :bounce: I agree that they might not be a stretch, but he could have fun with them!

Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:05 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:Walter is my first choice and I think he could do a pretty creepy Arthur, Stanlowe would be interesting too! Heck any of 'em! :bounce: I agree that they might not be a stretch, but he could have fun with them!

:biglaugh: I think he could have fun with any of them--except for maybe Finch.

Return to “Inamorata”