by Joseph Gangemi

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:05 pm

Liz wrote:
suec wrote:
Liz wrote:
theresa wrote:
Liz wrote:I wonder, though, if the average person picking up the book would realize that it is inspired by true events. I had never heard of Margery prior to this book.

Thank you Larkwood & Betty Sue for your kind words. I really enjoyed working on these tidbits.

This average person had no idea that the book was based on real events until you and DITHOT started giving us the tidbits. Which, by the way, were fantastic!

I liked the way that Gangemi kept the story fictional, but tightly interwoven with facts. And even the open-ended mystery of her supposed powers was historical in that the Scientific American never completely proved or disproved the whole phenomenon.

And this average person would have never known if I hadn't emailed Gangemi.

My goodness, Liz! It's a good job that you did contact him then. Congrats for being so thorough. :applause2:
I thought he did a good job weaving the fact and fiction, really.

And he was so gracious and generous to respond back--and almost immediately, I might add.

I'll second all of that! :bounce: :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:45 pm

I ,too,thought it was all fiction..so I initially gave him alot of kudos for coming up with such a dynamic story idea..Now I realise that it is closely based on fact,so the author has lost points for originality..But he still has constructed an interesting tale that sweeps you along to the climax. :cool: ..
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:49 pm

gilly, I agree. And I think it must be difficult to construct a good story based on ture events when with a fictional story you can go anywhere you want!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Inamorata”