Inamorata Question #11 - Casting

by Joseph Gangemi

Moderator: Liz

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:28 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:Interesting that most of you are chosing Brit actors.

Most Americans have a lousy sense of history... including our own. I can't imagine the majority of younger American actors being able to inhabit a time and place not their own (give or take 20 years). That said... what about Renee Zellweger for Mina?
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."
—Johnny Depp

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:42 pm

Good choice, Dharma! :cool: I think she would be great. She played a very similar role in Chicago.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:15 pm

I like the idea of Renee Zellwegger also, db - if she would gain back a few pounds. (I don't like the stick figure Renee of the last year or so.) I thought of Helena Bonham Carter for Mina just because I think she has the right look and could do a refined upper class American accent well, I'm sure.

I would love to see Jake Gyllenhaal do Finch. I've only seen him in Brokeback Mountain, so I don't have any other preconceived notions about him, but I think he'd be a fantastic Finch.

And I'm glad someone else (dharma_bum?) thought of Johnny for Walter. I love Walter and I think - even if it was only a voiceover part - Johnny could do so much with him. And who knows what other opportunities we'd get to "see" Walter?

Those were the only three that I came up with as I read the book, but I like some of your other suggestions as well.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:33 pm

Love the idea of Renee Zellweger! Perfect. :cool: We will get to the character we would like to see Johnny play on down the road...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:36 pm

Oops! :blush: Apologies, all. I was so eager to read everyone's answers that I skipped right over the question, which clearly says, "OTHER THAN Johnny"! Mea culpa!
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:48 pm

No worries, Bix. :chill:

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

SamIam

Unread postby SamIam » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 pm

Wow, Everyone has such good taste. I like the idea of Kevin Spacey as Crawley although I think maybe Anthony Hopkins could do Crawley but they are both good actors. I would like to see a younger actor like Ryan Phillipe be Finch as well. I also think that Natalie Portman could be Mina but I would have to go with Renee Zellegwegger because of her amazing talent with accents and everything. I'm not sure about the others. I'll have to think about it and get back to you.
Ambition without inspiration is like a boat on dry land.

the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -Eleanor Roosevelt

SweetSam

Unread postby SweetSam » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:11 am

I can also see Drew Barrymore as Mina, because I think she would fit the part for what I picture physically, and also she is very versatile and I could see her in an old-fashioned look. I could possibly picture Cate Blanchette in the role, too, but I think she may be too thin. I really like the idea of Tobey Maguire as Finch!

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:06 am

How about Julianne Moore for Mina?, I could see her in the part.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:25 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:How about Julianne Moore for Mina?, I could see her in the part.

I can too, GG. She can come off looking younger than she is too.

Return to “Inamorata”