Inamorata Question #1 ~ Would you?

by Joseph Gangemi

Moderator: Liz

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:33 pm

Hey all

I have been out of touch

Never believed in any of that stuff really but I do think that horoscopes have something to them. I just recently started to pay attention to mine. I have had so much stuff going on & my horoscope has been hitting alot lately. so much that now I cant wait to read it. lolol Here is what it says about dating a Aries. there are a couple of you that know personal things about me & you will see the truths in what it says about my personality.

Rams are fiery, impulsive and active, so to please the Aries in your life, try taking them on a date that is adventurous and fast-paced -- or short and sweet. Sports go over well, both playing and attending them. Whatever you do, make it intense and fast -- you've got to keep your Aries engaged! Spicy food or games of any sort will keep the Ram's fires stoked. In the end, just keep in mind that people born under the Sign of Aries like physical challenges and are looking for a dating experience that will reflect that.
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Tigress

Unread postby Tigress » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:39 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:I knew this would be an interesting discussion! Tigress, reading your thread about your family and your aunt's funeral brings back a memory that bubbles to the surface for me now and then. My father and I used to have a lot of discussions about spiritual matters and one time the subject of butterflies came up (I won't bore you witht the details...) Anyway, it was a discussion we would revisit on occasion. On the day of his funeral I was sitting outside on my patio decompressing and a butterfly came and landed on my arm and sat there for at least five minutes. My husband was watching out the window and when the butterfly left he came out and commented on it and said it reminded him of me and my dad. I don't know if it was the spirit of my dad but it had a very profound and calming effect on me. I have also had butterflies visit me on other occasions when I was having a struggle with something. Maybe I just notice them more during those times, I don't know, but it makes me feel connected to him.

I also wanted to add my comments about the feeling that we are all here to help each other and say how much I agree with that. If not that, why?

DITHOT, that's amazing about the butterfly. I hear these things and I'm just convinced even more about these types of things. I think that could definitely be a spirit of your father, some how trying to help you out, especially if it was in difficult times.

One thing I forgot to mention, my aunt loved lilacs, and they'd usually be out by that time here in Newfoundland (this was the later part of June), and we had been having cloudy days and rain, but the day of her funeral was sunny and when we all went to my nans, we all kind of stopped and looked at the lilac tree. It was completely filled. Even though I don't think much is a coincidence, I think that may have been one lol. But we picked some off the next day and bought them to the grave for her, and it was sunny again.
**I don't try to be Captain Weird, I just do what I do**
~Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars~ Casey Kasem

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:39 pm

Veronica wrote:Hey all

I have been out of touch

Never believed in any of that stuff really but I do think that horoscopes have something to them. I just recently started to pay attention to mine. I have had so much stuff going on & my horoscope has been hitting alot lately. so much that now I cant wait to read it. lolol Here is what it says about dating a Aries. there are a couple of you that know personal things about me & you will see the truths in what it says about my personality.

Rams are fiery, impulsive and active, so to please the Aries in your life, try taking them on a date that is adventurous and fast-paced -- or short and sweet. Sports go over well, both playing and attending them. Whatever you do, make it intense and fast -- you've got to keep your Aries engaged! Spicy food or games of any sort will keep the Ram's fires stoked. In the end, just keep in mind that people born under the Sign of Aries like physical challenges and are looking for a dating experience that will reflect that.

VERY :interesting: :grin: Glad to see you, V. :bounce:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:30 pm

I emailed my friend from the Compassionate Friends group and asked her about the medium and she said I could share her response to me. She is also going to look for the transcript she has of the session and share it with me; after reading her account, I am a little curious....

"Yes, I enjoyed the reading and would like to go again for a private reading. Probably 20 TCF members have seen her. I am surprised at how much interest there was. I was not prepared for the opportunity to pass something on or ask questions, so could have gotten more out of it that I did. I was crying and so overwhelmed by that point I was speechless. She did go through all the death and nasty stuff of each person which was disturbing to me. I don't think our children would bring that to us. She said she has so many visions that she has so sort through and be sure she has the right child and describe it all to us. I am still uneasy about the painful stuff and focusing on the death. I am looking for my transcript of it for someone else, and I will forward it to you, too.

I recently met the hypnotherapist. He was sitting at the next table to us in a restaurant and just kept talking to us about loss and closure with his work. I felt like he could sense Erin with us but I never did tell him my story. I would like to have a session with him too."

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 pm

QOK, thank you so much for sharing your story with us!!!! I feel like we have been allowed to come closer to you than most people are allowed. It was brave of you to open your life to us this way. I am overwhelmed by all that you shared .... thank you!

I think most of us have some degree of spirituality/psychic ability/whatever you want to call it, but we have been convinced that it is old fashioned and foolish to believe in our abilities. We have become too modern to pay attention to our essence.

Remember all those animals who went to higher ground before the Tsunami? Nobody told them they needed to believe in modern science so they trusted their instincts. As humans, I think most of us have given away our power.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:46 pm

nebraska, that is a very different take from other pyschis I have read about. Not sure I would want to read those transcripts.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:58 pm

To answer the question. I've never been to a seance or seen a medium. I've thought about it because the subject intrigues me....I played with the Ouija board as a kid and loved the Magic 8 ball. Some of my friends and I have Goddess cards that we use sometimes and it's surprising how the one we select fits into our lives at that time.
But, i've always been (along with being intrigued) a little afraid of the whole idea of communicating with the dead or seeing into the future.
However, about 18 years ago, something happened that made me realize that there are things we'll never understand and that sometimes something happens that can not be explained -- or explained away.

It gives me chills to even think about it now. But it was a good thing, meant to reassure me, I think. And it did.

Sorry to be so cryptic, but I've only told a few people about it...but this book and this discussion have made me think about it more.

bluebird
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

DeepinDepp

Unread postby DeepinDepp » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:17 pm

I have never been to a séance or a medium. I would never participate in a séance, but if I crossed paths with a medium I would definitely be interested in what they had to say. Don't know that I would seek one out intentionally.

From personal experience I do believe that there are both spirits and angels around us. I think some of us are more tuned in and open to it than others. All of my experiences have been very comforting and peaceful.

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:45 pm

DeepinDepp wrote:I have never been to a séance or a medium. I would never participate in a séance, but if I crossed paths with a medium I would definitely be interested in what they had to say. Don't know that I would seek one out intentionally.

From personal experience I do believe that there are both spirits and angels around us. I think some of us are more tuned in and open to it than others. All of my experiences have been very comforting and peaceful.

Oh I definately beleive in angels & spirits too.
Everything is always okay in the end,

if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Cesar'sSusie

Unread postby Cesar'sSusie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:55 pm

gilly wrote:
..He also told me to be careful..to never attract/call up/tune in,whatever you like to call it,without 'protection'..a spirit guide or an angel..Pretty heavy stuff....

I'm glad you brought that aspect up. I hope everyone who reads these posts will be careful when contacting the other side. You could seriously attract some dark energies to your side. That you DON'T want. A simple prayer maybe all you need to bring the light around you.

I've had so many 'coincidences' happen, especially in the last two or three years that I couldn't name them all. People I don't even know coming up to speak to me in a shopping mall, telling me something I needed to know about my life. Sounds weird but everyone is a 'teacher' in one way or another.

Take Johnny for example, (Dang it, I would if I could :lol: ), I consider him to be a 'teacher' for us. He's lead us to some fascinating books, interesting people, and different cultures. His kindness is contagious, his humour child-like, his generosity overwhelming. Whether he likes it or not he's a great role-model for everyone. :cool:

Interesting thread people! :bounce:
"He's that and a whole lot more," said his driver. "He's a wonderful guy. I'll tell
you firsthand, he's a great man."
. . .and the Golden Globe goes to . . .
Johnny DEPP, for Sweeney Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

SweetSam

Unread postby SweetSam » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:28 am

I thought I hadn't had any experience with anything about spirits or ghosts, but when I think about it I realize I have, probably quite a few times.

I used to have a cat that had died. About 2 months later, I got another cat ...a kitten. I think he happened to be born on the same day the other cat died. I don't know if this was connected, but on the anniversary of the previous cat's death, I thought I felt someone or something there in my room but couldn't identify it. Well, the cat that was in my room definitely felt it, and was was positively "spooked", and acted is if he was running from something and scared of something. I felt that he definitely saw the spirit of the his predecessor, although I didn't. His back was arched and he hissed, and he wouldn't sleep that night.

When I was a child I had dreams about spirits and also about "aliens". Before this(I think), friends and I played lots of games which included other "beings". When I was in my early teens, We "played" with Ouiji boards and such but I was always scared that we would really see something. I think I was hoping not to because I was kind of frightened, but fascinated at the same time. I was always amazed at how quickly and seemingly automatically the triangle moved around the board. Later on I did not really believe that some other entity had moved it, but a real energy between the people.

Oh, when I was a teen or preteen we had seances, sort of, but we just playing really.

I definitely believe that there is psychic energy between people. I have a friend who can effect electrical energy. I especially feel that people who are close friends or people who love each other are often very psychically connected to one other. But sometimes the people don't even have to "know" each other first in order to have a "connection".

I don't think I have seen ghosts exactly, but think that maybe I don't want to because of some extremely intense dreams I've had when I was younger and maybe at other times in my life.

I definitely believe that a lot of psychic and supernatural stuff is real, but I also think I have a bit of skepticism at times where I like to find rational explanations for things. However, I sometimes find what I feel are "rational" explanations for how far-out seeming occurances can exist in our world! (I don't know if I'm really explaining that right!)

SweetSam

Unread postby SweetSam » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:16 am

I finished reading the book last night. I was really excited to post on this thread, so sorry if I rambled a bit in my previous post.

I guess I'm a bit late, but I want to comment on a few things people have said on this thread:

nebraska wrote: ... I have experienced visits and visions from the other side -- nothing hugely dramatic, just very comforting and definitely real to me. Mainly just a feeling of knowing that the other person is still "there" and ok. My feeling is that our departed loved ones can be contacted by us ourselves if it is right and meant to be and we don't need a third impersonal party to get in the middle of the process.

I feel the same way ...I've had had similar experiences. Nothing spooky, but something very comforting and reassuring in a way. I like what you said about not needing a third party to get in the middle of the process ...very true!

and ...

nebraska wrote:I definitely think there is a lot of spiritual stuff out there, people with special gifts, etc. But I think the genuine ones go quietly about their daily lives and don't sell their gifts for cheap entertainment or to get cash out of grieving people.

I agree so much with this. I think you said that very well. And these are the only types of "gifted" people I'd like to know! Because their gifts are given to help people.

Also, I'm a believer in oracles if the user knows how to use them and is in tune enough to know what they are doing. I've had friends very accurately read Tarot cards or use the I Ching, and Runes and had some very amazing predictions ...not specifics, but very helpful "hints" that lead me in the right direction at times when I needed more direction.

Bix wrote:Anyway, that sent me to my bookshelves and I find I have dabbled a lot more than I remembered: the Carlos Castenada books, Shirley MacLaines's "autobiographies", Seth Speaks, Voyage to the New World - Ramtha, Edgar Cayce - The Sleeping Prophet, Kinship with All Life and The Language of Silence by J. Allen Boone (about human - animal communication), a couple on reincarnation - Life Times by Frederick Lenz and Life After Life by Raymond A. Moody, a pamphlet on Religious Science by Ernest Holmes, Seven Arrows by Hyemeyohsts Storm, Jose Silva's Method of Mind Control. There are probably more in other rooms. But my favorite one, and one I have a hard time debunking, is one written in 1948 by Max Freedom Long called The Secret Science Behind Miracles. What a book! He studied the Kahunas (Keepers of the Secret) in Polynesia and discusses everything from their firewalking (how do they DO that?) to their ability to mend bones instantly through touch, to the raising of the dead!!!

I read a lot of these books, too, Bix, and a lot of others as well. I was especially influenced by the Carlos Castenada books, anything and everything by or about Edgar Cayce, as well as books by Raymond Moody and Shirley MacLaine. I'd like to read "The Secret Science Behind Miracles"! Sounds terrific!

QofK, your story sounds fascinating and wonderful. Something I think I've picked up from what you've said ...I hope you don't mind me saying this ...is that I know it is not an easy life to be extremely sensitive. I have had only just small "touches" of it in my life, but I pick up very easily on people's energy at times ...like a sponge. I cannot stay in certain places at times because the energy is too much for me. This is probably one of the reasons I couldn't live in a big city any more. I, too, am from New York but moved years ago. And yes, I too believe that the reason we are all here is to help one another and are deeply connected to one another.

I have had some very intense and intructive dreams, and love to study my dreams for meaning and guidance.

Savvy

Unread postby Savvy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:21 am

This thread is so interesting. I keep coming back to it time and again to read your experiences. Deep, I also believe in the spirit world. I know there are demons and angels all around us everyday. The Bible teaches us that.

I wanted to share an experience with y'all about when my dear Mother was on her death bed last June. She was in hospital the last 3 to 4 weeks of her life and slept most all the time. She talked to her Mom and Dad, who are in Heaven now. The day before she passed on, she'd been sleeping the whole time and all of a sudden she opened up her eyes, looked up at the ceiling, raised her feeble left hand in praise to God and said, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" The next morning she passed on. I always believed Heaven was real but after that experience, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind it is real. I like to think of that experience as the last gift my Mother ever gave me.

Someone mentioned Johnny as a role model and I just wanted to comment briefly on that. I look up to Johnny and admire him and his work, but he cannot ever be a role model for me. He is just not the type of person I want to pattern my life after. I want the Holy Spirit of God to guide me and teach me.

I hope this thread keeps growing longer because I'm really loving it. Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences.

OH! One other thing I wanted to mention. Some folks here are talking about all these different spiritual books but I don't think anyone has mentioned the Holy Bible. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) That is the only place where you will ever find Absolute Truth about spirits/demons/angels.
Last edited by Savvy on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:31 am

Savvy, what a beautiful gift from your mom and how wonderful that you could be there with her. Thank you for sharing! :grouphug:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

QueenofKings

Unread postby QueenofKings » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:16 pm

Savvy wrote:This thread is so interesting. I keep coming back to it time and again to read your experiences. Deep, I also believe in the spirit world. I know there are demons and angels all around us everyday. The Bible teaches us that.

I wanted to share an experience with y'all about when my dear Mother was on her death bed last June. She was in hospital the last 3 to 4 weeks of her life and slept most all the time. She talked to her Mom and Dad, who are in Heaven now. The day before she passed on, she'd been sleeping the whole time and all of a sudden she opened up her eyes, looked up at the ceiling, raised her feeble left hand in praise to God and said, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" The next morning she passed on. I always believed Heaven was real but after that experience, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind it is real. I like to think of that experience as the last gift my Mother ever gave me.

Someone mentioned Johnny as a role model and I just wanted to comment briefly on that. I look up to Johnny and admire him and his work, but he cannot ever be a role model for me. He is just not the type of person I want to pattern my life after. I want the Holy Spirit of God to guide me and teach me.

Go ahead and laugh, it's ok. Really, I don't mind. :lol: It doesn't bother me at all.

I hope this thread keeps growing longer because I'm really loving it. Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences.

OH! One other thing I wanted to mention. Some folks here are talking about all these different spiritual books but I don't think anyone has mentioned the Holy Bible. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) That is the only place where you will ever find Absolute Truth about spirits/demons/angels.

That's a beautiful story about your mom, Savvy. Many people who are going to pass see loved ones who are already on the other side, angels, and even holy teachers like Jesus and Mary.

And I guess I didn't tell that much about the influence of my sister's friend's mom, who was a Christian healer, but she certainly got her strength and wisdom from The Bible and I learned a lot from her. I know there are angels around us who help us in times of trouble. And she also is the person who showed me how prayer works.

Also, the initial caution I warned about not using a Ouija board is because it attracts those beings on the lowermost psychic plane and some are demons. Malevolent forces can attach themselves to someone living for their own evil purposes. And they are not easy to get rid of once they latch on. So I would say just avoid it.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's responses to this thread. And now you guys know a lot more about me than a lot of people in my life who think they know me. I am normally intensely secretive and I don't let many people get to know me well.

Return to “Inamorata”