ALWD Question #23 - Half Full or Half Empty?

by Nick Hornby

Moderator: Liz

DeppLovesBananahs

Unread postby DeppLovesBananahs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:03 pm

Liz wrote:
DeppLovesBananahs wrote:I think Hornby's a half-full guy because he did make a somewhat inspirational story, meaning that even when you're on the edge, you can bounce back and not go for a point of no return. You can turn around and keep moving. In the beginning you could think he was a half-empty, but by the time you finish you realize the message is to get through hard times.
Hannah

Well, Hannah, I have to say, that is a half-full way of looking at it. Thanks for point that out. :cool:

Anytime :cool: always up for pouring more water in a glass. Water is good. Water Works. (HA! Wall Street Reference..... :-O )

Hannah

P.S. Bix, I loved that quote about whether you're pouring or drinking, I suppose the half-full, half-empty thing will be debated for as long as the chicken and the egg. :)
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Rosevelt

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:06 pm

DeppLovesBananahs wrote: P.S. Bix, I loved that quote about whether you're pouring or drinking, I suppose the half-full, half-empty thing will be debated for as long as the chicken and the egg. :)
I love the pouring or drinking concept, too, but I have to give Theresa credit for that one. I really had never thought of it that way, but it does make a difference. I'll have to use myself as an illustration, but if I am pouring my coveted wine for someone else, the glass is half full - and if I've had a swallow out of my own full glass, then it's half empty, isn't it? :lol:
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:50 am

I like that wine analogy Bix! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “A Long Way Down”