Sleepy Hollow Questions Thursday and Friday

by Washington Irving

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Sleepy Hollow Questions Thursday and Friday

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:53 pm

Just a heads up for tomorrow and Friday...If you haven't watched Sleepy Hollow (the movie) in a while and need a refresher, it will figure into our discussion questions the next two days. You can always tell the family it's homework for your book club! :grin:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:05 pm

I'm just back from Blockbuster and ready to finish my assignment tonight, ma'am! (Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. :blush:) Sigh, homework, homework, homework. . .
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:05 pm

Well, it's good to know that all of my multiple viewings of Sleepy Hollow will finally pay off! :bounce:
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

Gonzo62

Unread postby Gonzo62 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:24 pm

Although, if you think about it, this is probably the most enjoyable homework you'll ever get in your school career, am I right? I'd *LOVE* it if my English teacher assigned us to read a book and watch a movie that Johnny just so happend to appear in!
All Respect
Gonzo
"I take life as it comes. The most important thing is the happiness you have inside of you. In head, heart and spirit." ~ Johnny Depp

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:30 pm

I wonder what my computer instructor will say if I don't have time to read the two units on Excel before next Monday's class....... "Sorry, Mr Palmer, but I had to watch a Johnny Depp film for my book club assignment :blush: " Think he will buy that one? :-?

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:35 pm

I am so remiss - I haven't even re-read the story, let alone watched the film again. A friend bought me a new Lennon bio for my birthday........
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Gonzo62

Unread postby Gonzo62 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:38 pm

If I was a teacher, Nebraska, I would excuse anyone from their orginal homework if they spent their time otherwise doing something pertaining to Johnny! I would absolutly love to be in my class! lol!
All Respect,
Gonzo
"I take life as it comes. The most important thing is the happiness you have inside of you. In head, heart and spirit." ~ Johnny Depp

QueenofKings

Unread postby QueenofKings » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:16 pm

lumineuse wrote:I am so remiss - I haven't even re-read the story, let alone watched the film again. A friend bought me a new Lennon bio for my birthday........

I'm in the same leaky boat, so to speak. I'm halfway through A Long Way Down, but Shantaram arrived on Monday and The Libertine arrived in the post today. There is no way I can fit all of this in with work and those lousy bills I seem to have to deal with. Plus my car is acting up and I have to bring it in to be serviced. Is there some way we can stretch time? Like in Harry Potter?

dharma_bum

Unread postby dharma_bum » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:45 pm

QueenofKings wrote:
lumineuse wrote:I am so remiss - I haven't even re-read the story, let alone watched the film again. A friend bought me a new Lennon bio for my birthday........

I'm in the same leaky boat, so to speak. I'm halfway through A Long Way Down, but Shantaram arrived on Monday and The Libertine arrived in the post today. There is no way I can fit all of this in with work and those lousy bills I seem to have to deal with. Plus my car is acting up and I have to bring it in to be serviced. Is there some way we can stretch time? Like in Harry Potter?

Now I don't feel so bad... I haven't read it either. With DITHOT being such a task master, I thought I was going to have that recurring dream where you haven't attended a single class all semester and then show up to take the final exam.
"You can't broom out your head. You certainly can't broom out your heart. And there's a hot wire between them, and everything shows in the eyes."
—Johnny Depp

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:55 pm

dharma_bum wrote:
QueenofKings wrote:

Now I don't feel so bad... I haven't read it either. With DITHOT being such a task master, I thought I was going to have that recurring dream where you haven't attended a single class all semester and then show up to take the final exam.

:rotflmao: Oh, please..... I STILL have that dream - I had it last week! I'm 50 years old with a Master's degree, and I STILL have that dream!! What is up with that????
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:38 pm

lumineuse wrote:
dharma_bum wrote:
QueenofKings wrote:

:rotflmao: Oh, please..... I STILL have that dream - I had it last week! I'm 50 years old with a Master's degree, and I STILL have that dream!! What is up with that????

I have a similar dream--but it's arriving to aerobics class 10 minutes late without my tape. How can I teach class without music. Sing? I think not.

And don't feel bad about ALWD. I haven't finished it either. :yikes: BUT never fear, I WILL be ready on time. I have no choice.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:08 am

Well class, I have out in the way back machine at a Jethro Tull concert tonight but it appears you are all working diligently on your homework assignment, tough though it may be... :popcorn: I hope you have those ten page essay papers started...due on Saturday you know! ;-)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

CarrieKY

Unread postby CarrieKY » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:12 am

I know I would love A Long Way Down if I could just get going....but I'm such a procrastinator. It's sitting here on my computer desk, mocking me...I'm starting to hear the music from Jaws.. :freaked: ...Sleepy Hollow...I think I can bluff my way through that, after all, I've seen the movie... :eyebrow: Cramming for the book club...now that's an all-time low.

Return to “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”