Gilliam interview about FALILV

by Hunter S. Thompson

Moderator: Liz

Gilliam interview about FALILV

Unread postby Sands » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:49 pm

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and I missed it, but I just found it on the Porch General Discussion forum under the heading 'Johnny and his powers of concentration'. It gives a link to a really interesting interview with Terry Gilliam at the UK premiere of Fear and Loathing. Definitely worth reading in the light of our discussions. Here's the link:
'Well, it's a little difficult for me to tell right now because I'm kind of having a bad day'

ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:28 pm

Thanks, Sands. I'm printing it now to read later. I have lots to catch up on since I was gone all day. Can't wait, though.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Unread postby JD101 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:09 am

Interesting interview. I had not read it before, thank you for positng it.

He is such an interesting man... I love that he hasn't really done drugs. They would probably dull his imagination, make it lazy. It would have the opposite effect like a hyper child who takes speed to calm down!

Interesting that Johnny can cut in and out of character so easily. I think that would be so difficult. He has said, himself, that's what he does. Maybe it has to do with being a Gemini, duality.
"The greatest pain that comes from love is loving someone you can never have." ~ Unknown

Return to “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”