F&LILV Question #29 - Farewell to Vegas

by Hunter S. Thompson

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

F&LILV Question #29 - Farewell to Vegas

Unread postby Liz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:07 am

I hate to say it, but this is it folks. We've found the main nerve....so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past--monster reincarnations of Horation Alger.....women on the Move, and just sick enough to be totally confident.

But before we go, there's just one more question.

Is there anything we’ve missed that you would like to discuss?
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:29 pm

Just a GREAT BIG
THANK YOU TO OUR MODERATORS!!!!!

As always you did a great JOB!!!!

:notworthy: :bouquet: :thanks!: :grouphug:

Johnny cant wait til the next book! :cool:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 pm

Thank you, V, and to all the other Noodlemantras for participating. It's you guys that make it interesting!

:highfive:

I'd love to hear how he'd answer some of our questions.
:-O

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

abigail

Unread postby abigail » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:07 pm

I've kind of disappeared for past few questions - my courses are keeping me too busy. But I've kept up on reading the threads and I've so enjoyed the illuminating discussions. And I am, as always, humbled by the thought-provoking questions provided by Liz and DITHOT (You both rock!) and the depth and diversity of everyone's responses. What a fabulous, Gonzo trip it has been! Thank you all! :goodvibes:
"A man must funtion in a pattern of his own choosing. For to let another man define your own goals is to give up one of the most meaningful aspects of life - The definitive act of will, which makes a man an individual. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:49 pm

Without you guys it would just be Liz and I talking to each other. Don't get me wrong, Liz is a fine conversationalist, but well, the more the merrier! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So have we covered it all? :eyebrow: No way, man...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Raven

Unread postby Raven » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:29 pm

my favorite part of the whole discussion is when everyone says how they feel, or what their experience is.

So enlightening! Of course I would love it when everyone agrees with me, but we all know that is not going to happen :rotflmao:

Just Kidding!

I learn so much from other people, and the fact that you all live around the world, or have traveled so far. Everyone here is so sensitive and intelligent. An amazing group of women all in one place. I think we are very fortunate to have found this place via Johnny!

and again thank you to DiTHoGonzo and Liz!

Raven YIKES!! I just saw this is 1000 post for me, I talk way to much!!!!! :-O
"In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid
and the envious."
John Wilmot, the 2nd Earl of Rochester in The Libertine by Stephen Jeffreys

DeppLovesBananahs

Unread postby DeppLovesBananahs » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:50 pm

Thank you Moderators! Liz and DITHOT are AWESOME!

It has been a great discussion, I can't wait until the next one. I love reading what everybody thinks about the questions asked, and that each one is different, which is the great thing about it!

I've always thought the Debbie Reynolds concert part to be my favorite. I have a question to arise for more fling as it were with FALILV, what do YOU think of this part in the book?

Hannah
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Rosevelt

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:01 pm

Raven wrote:my favorite part of the whole discussion is when everyone says how they feel, or what their experience is.

So enlightening! Of course I would love it when everyone agrees with me, but we all know that is not going to happen :rotflmao:

Just Kidding!

I learn so much from other people, and the fact that you all live around the world, or have traveled so far. Everyone here is so sensitive and intelligent. An amazing group of women all in one place. I think we are very fortunate to have found this place via Johnny!

and again thank you to DiTHoGonzo and Liz!

Raven YIKES!! I just saw this is 1000 post for me, I talk way to much!!!!! :-O

Well, we'll just have to do something about that. ;-)

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:09 pm

DeppLovesBananahs wrote:Thank you Moderators! Liz and DITHOT are AWESOME!

It has been a great discussion, I can't wait until the next one. I love reading what everybody thinks about the questions asked, and that each one is different, which is the great thing about it!

I've always thought the Debbie Reynolds concert part to be my favorite. I have a question to arise for more fling as it were with FALILV, what do YOU think of this part in the book?

Hannah

I found it unexpected--not what I would expect to be their cup of tea, as it were. Of course, many things were unexpected in this story. :lol:

DeppLovesBananahs

Unread postby DeppLovesBananahs » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:13 pm

Liz wrote:
DeppLovesBananahs wrote:Thank you Moderators! Liz and DITHOT are AWESOME!

Hannah

I found it unexpected--not what I would expect to be their cup of tea, as it were. Of course, many things were unexpected in this story. :lol:

:lol: In the movie was the best though, because you had no idea what happened once they were in there, and then they just came right out. Soooo funny. :lol: Unexpected is a good word. :lol:

Hannah
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Rosevelt

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:27 pm

Hannah wrote: I've always thought the Debbie Reynolds concert part to be my favorite. I have a question to arise for more fling as it were with FALILV, what do YOU think of this part in the book?

I think it was another savage burn on Middle America and The Establishment - in search of the AD. Debbie represented the girl next door type, pure and wholesome, and although we don't know exactly what they did in that theater :-O we know they caused enough of a scene to get kicked out.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

shame_about_rasins

Unread postby shame_about_rasins » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:43 pm

THANKS A MILLION EVERYONE!!!
Especially LIZ and DITHOT, but also to everyone else who participated making it a wonderful insightful disscussion. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE.
I think I had a question, but I can't remember what it is... I'll get back to you. :capnjack:
before he came down it never snowed.........

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:08 pm

Liz, I think you and DITHOT covered all the bases on this one. Good work and great times!!! THANKS ladies and to all the Noodlemantras too!! Everyone adds so much to the discussions.

As for Debbie Reynolds, a very funny scene and yes not expected, but to me she is typical 'old' Vegas! I guess if it were written in current times they be getting kicked out of Cirque du Soliel. :eyebrow: (doesn't have the same ring to it though, does it! lol).

The line-up for October looks like fun, can't wait! Onward, forward!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:09 pm

'Women on the Move'..I love that..Thanks Liz :disco: Thanks DITHOT and honestly,thank you everyone else..You're a great bunch. :bouquet: ....My few remaining brain cells have got a heck of a workout since I've been here..Keeps you young :capnjack: ...I'm going to miss Hunter :bawl:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

CarrieKY

Unread postby CarrieKY » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:24 pm

My heart yearns for women like the Noodlemantras in my life. I would give anything to be able to share a bottle of wine, a roaring fire in the fireplace, and lively discussion with friends like all of you. Since logistically we cannot have all three, the lively discussion will have to do.

Hats off to Liz and DITHOT for keeping us on track (well some of us... :blush:)

**swings reptilian tail to the beat of Whoa, Black Betty - Bam a Lam**

Return to “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”