Shantaram sequel

by Gregory David Roberts

Moderator: Liz

bluebird

Shantaram sequel

Unread postby bluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:14 am

If this has already been posted, my apologies ... I looked for it here among recent posts but didn't see it.

The Mountain Shadow -- Gregory David Roberts' sequel to the wonderful Shantaram is available for pre-order at Amazon.com! I am pre-ordering my copy today ... can't wait! :noodlemantra:

The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

Serendipity

Re: Shantaram sequel

Unread postby Serendipity » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks for the news!! Without hesitation, I'm pre-ordering right now. Shantaram was the greatest novel I've ever read and if this is half as good, I'll be satisfied. :chill:
When things come at you fast you have to slow down - Johnny Depp

linnie

Unread postby linnie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:13 pm

I've read Shantaram twice I loved the book so I am very happy to hear about a sequel - can't wait to get my hands on it and, of course, Johnny will be playing Lin as I read it :truefan:

moviemom

Unread postby moviemom » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

This is welcome news! I look forward to reading the sequel and have pre-ordered it, too.
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd
My flickr page

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks for the info, bluebird!! Shantaram was definitely one of my favorite reads and the news that the sequel is finally here is great! I"m still mourning the loss of that film on Johnny's schedule. :bawl:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 pm

This is very exciting! Lizbaba is doing much sexy dancings. :disco: Thanks, Bluebird, for alerting us.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 am

Liz wrote:This is very exciting! Lizbaba is doing much sexy dancing. :disco: Thanks, Bluebird, for alerting us.

You are all welcome! Bluebirdbaba did her share of sexing dancing, too, Lizbaba!! :disco:
The edge … there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. HST

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Wow! This is something to look forward to! Butover on this side of the pond Amazon are giving a date of 1 March 2013, about 5 months after the US date.
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

bluebird

Unread postby bluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Endora wrote:Wow! This is something to look forward to! Butover on this side of the pond Amazon are giving a date of 1 March 2013, about 5 months after the US date.

Well, that doesn't seem fair!! :sad:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah, that's a half a year later. :mad:

I wonder if that date will be adjusted. But do not fear, if we choose to do that discussion, we won't do it before EVERYONE can get a copy and had time to read it. :cool:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Sometimes sequels are worthy of the original book. I hope that is the case with this one.

Return to “Shantaram”