Have you read about the trouble with Shantaram?

by Gregory David Roberts

Moderator: Liz

gilly

Have you read about the trouble with Shantaram?

Unread postby gilly » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:13 am

It's on the News thread..Peter weir has gone..creative differences.I'm just posting the heads up here,in case noodlemantras haven't noticed...
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:20 am

Thanks, gilly. Disturbing news indeed. I suppose we just have to trust Johnny's insticnts on this one. Here is the link to the article on the news board.

http://johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=26989
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:51 am

Not good news. I'm certainly sorry to hear that. But thanks for pointing it out to us, Gilly. :-/
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Kimmie

Unread postby Kimmie » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:00 am

Just got this in email news:

Peter Weir leaves Johnny Depp holding his SHANTARAM!!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with some sad news for us Peter Weir fans. Looks like he's leaving the Johnny Depp-starring flick, SHANTARAM, after turning in his approved and okayed draft to the Warner Bros honchos. Guess they weren't fans. Anyway, the flick has Depp playing a heroin addict who escapes from prisona nd flees to India where he somehow becomes a doctor in the slums of Bombay. His journey takes him gunrunning, counterfeiting and smuggling. I'm really sad to see Weir leave this project. The shoes he left behind are pretty big. Hopefully, the project gets someone with big enough feet to take this project where it needs to go. What do you folks think?

So is Johnny in or out??

Larkwoodgirl

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:16 am

I think that he is definitely in. He has too much invested in this project to not see it through.
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

SweetSam

Unread postby SweetSam » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:55 am

From the article on the News thread, it sounds like Peter Weir is out but Johnny is still defintely in. i hope they find a new and suitable director very soon!
Depp: It's true. I don't sing along to music.
Q: "Brown Sugar" comes on …
Depp: I might sing a little harmony. I might air guitar. Drumming. I like to drum.

'ello, Beastie! — CJS, DMC
I wish to be moved. — JD as JW

Depputante

Unread postby Depputante » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:18 pm

Maybe Johnny will ask Tim to do the directing? LOL.
“The scariest enemy is from within. Allowing yourself to be limited and conform to what you're expected to conform to.”~JD

Return to “Shantaram”