It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 am 

See, I haven't read the book, so I don't know what these characters are like.I just hoped for Watts immediately, because she is one of my favorite actresses, and I'd love to see her along side Depp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:54 am 

It seems Charlize is unemployed at that moment. This (in part) was in the Washington Post this morning (in regard to her documentary "East of Havana". For the full article, click on the link:

Quote:
The documentary -- in Spanish with English subtitles -- was the brainchild of Theron's close family friends who are Cuban American. The actress, who was dressed in all black -- jeans, shoes, shirt, jacket, even earrings -- stood for a brief introduction and plopped herself in a seat in the middle of the theater next to boyfriend Stuart Townsend after casually removing the "Reserved" sign from the back of her seat. She played with a friend's hair, then crossed her legs and whispered to Townsend. Necks craned.

"I thought this would make a lot of money," Theron joked afterward when asked why she made the flick. She also described running into problems with the Cuban police and gaining entry to the country, but we were blinded by that million-dollar smile.

So what's next for Theron? She hasn't a clue. "I'm just this unemployed actress trying to send this baby out into the world."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/30/AR2006043000957.html?sub=AR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:08 am 
JDZ Moderator

Charlene wrote:
It seems Charlize is unemployed at that moment. This (in part) was in the Washington Post this morning (in regard to her documentary "East of Havana". For the full article, click on the link:

Quote:
The documentary -- in Spanish with English subtitles -- was the brainchild of Theron's close family friends who are Cuban American. The actress, who was dressed in all black -- jeans, shoes, shirt, jacket, even earrings -- stood for a brief introduction and plopped herself in a seat in the middle of the theater next to boyfriend Stuart Townsend after casually removing the "Reserved" sign from the back of her seat. She played with a friend's hair, then crossed her legs and whispered to Townsend. Necks craned.

"I thought this would make a lot of money," Theron joked afterward when asked why she made the flick. She also described running into problems with the Cuban police and gaining entry to the country, but we were blinded by that million-dollar smile.

So what's next for Theron? She hasn't a clue. "I'm just this unemployed actress trying to send this baby out into the world."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/30/AR2006043000957.html?sub=AR

Then she might be open to doing it, assuming the other powers-that-be want her for the part.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:13 am 

Johnny Fanatic wrote:
Another actress who I thought would be a good choice (even though she isn't mentioned in the article) is Rachel Weisz.

Unfortunately I haven´t read the book yet (it isn´t available in German till now) but I think Rachel Weisz would be great. I like her, she´s beaufiful but not on that way some other Hollywoodstars are.... I would love to see her and Johnny together in a movie... :cool:

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:03 am 

DarkAngel wrote:
Johnny Fanatic wrote:
Another actress who I thought would be a good choice (even though she isn't mentioned in the article) is Rachel Weisz.

Unfortunately I haven´t read the book yet (it isn´t available in German till now) but I think Rachel Weisz would be great. I like her, she´s beaufiful but not on that way some other Hollywoodstars are.... I would love to see her and Johnny together in a movie... :cool:

Depends what is on her agenda after she has her baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:50 pm 

GG wrote:
Quote:
Depends what is on her agenda after she has her baby.

Well, I know what would be on my agenda if I had a chance to smooch Johnny Depp. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:27 pm 

I would love to see Naomi Watts as Karla! She's done teriffic work in movies not a lot people saw... Mulholland Falls, 21 Grams and I Heart Huckabees.

Liz... a agree Monica looks the way Karla was described, but can she take on a role that complex in English? I wonder.

Charlize Theron is overexposed at the moment. Jennifer Connelly is good but too American. Kate Beckinsale? Sorry for the strong opinion, but whatever man put her name on the table wasn't thinking with his head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:05 am 

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
Late twenties, early thirties I think. I don't think it says exactly but there is a sort of mention.

Thankyou. And thanks Gilly.

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2