Shantaram

by Gregory David Roberts

Moderator: Liz

gilly

Shantaram

Unread postby gilly » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:15 am

We'll be hopefully getting lots of news about this soon..This is a tiny bit about casting...http://freegeek.livejournal.com/193378.html
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:03 am

Thanks, gilly! That is a huge role and it sounds like they are really taking their time to cast it. Here is a bit of news about Emily Watson and Shantaram from Ropes of Silicon:

On top of Miss Potter we also learn that Watson will be starring alongside Johnny Depp for a second time after the voice work the two turned in for Corpse Bride in Shantaram, which is expected to begin filming next year.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=3418
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:48 am

I thought that was just a rumour the Imdb had picked up or made a mistake about and is repeated there :-? I guess we have ro wait and see for some official confirmation.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:02 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:I thought that was just a rumour the Imdb had picked up or made a mistake about and is repeated there :-? I guess we have ro wait and see for some official confirmation.

I don't know, GG. I have seen it twice now so who knows? Once a rumor is picked up it can certainly spread as fact. I can see her as Lettie though.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:10 pm

I thought it was interesting because it looks like Greg is being kept in the loop about casting..Although I've read bits where he says he hasn't had much to do with the film..
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:57 pm

There was an interview where it sounded like Greg had pretty much handed everything over. Maybe that was just script?

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Shantaram”